Join for free
Page 40 of 52 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

01-07-2020, 11:02 PM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
It's in the UK news that Australia is buying missiles.

China has been trying to lay claim to the South China seas - which is an important merchant shipping lane AND the airspace above. This is more deadly than Covid-19 and the only reason I think Trump should stay in power. His threats to retaliate MUST be taken seriously by foreign powers because everyone knows he's a total nutter!!!
Not only the South China Seas but those Commies are not content with that alone. Now they are trying to muscle into our backyard in the the Indian/Pacific region. Is this the reason for the big defense spend by Sco Mo.. Scotty from Marketing Bruce? While this chest beating by Oz is good for our pride it does make us a greater target.. and we are a massive target with long coastlines to defend. and that worries me. Can we always rely on our major ally and protector the US of A. Perhaps that is the conundrum now facing our government.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

01-07-2020, 11:06 PM

As if those Commies are not satisfied infecting the world with its Wuhan virus they are about to unleash another possible pandemic on the Free World. A new Chinese strain of swine flu has health experts very very concerned as it is believed to have characteristics of the 1918 flu which took an estimated 40million human lives!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
As if those Commies are not satisfied infecting the world with its Wuhan virus they are about to unleash another possible pandemic on the Free World. A new Chinese strain of swine flu has health experts very very concerned as it is believed to have characteristics of the 1918 flu which took some 4 million human lives!!!

Ever felt we are being used as guinea pigs, Swannie?
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

01-07-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It is a very real possibility Mups. Destroy the Free World without firing a shot with a two pronged attack. Kill em off with pandemics and destroy their economies with nefarious cyber hacking.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

01-07-2020, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That should have read 40 million lives Mups. I was just out by a touch
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:31 AM

Hi

Why would China unleash a Pandemic which affects their finances more than everyone else?

The big impact of this is a Global realisation that we have become far too reliant on China and that supply chains need to be shortened to reduce that dependency.

It will take time to reduce this dependency, but every major economy in the World is going to do it.

The Chinese are going to be the big losers in this, not immediately, but certainly in a decade.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

02-07-2020, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have been thinking about this for a while & my thoughts have increased, since I read a report on the work done in China to make a bat related virus able to attack humans.
There are too many unanswered questions & enough reasons to stop us believing that this is China's intention!
The next world war will likely be either nuclear (so sayonara planet) or it will be without a shot fired. What I mean by this is the commies have the ability and appears also, the inclination to destroy western economies thru cyber hacking. They have already shown how they can kill hundreds of thousands of westerners and play havoc with our economies, by releasing a pandemic onto us.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

02-07-2020, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why would China unleash a Pandemic which affects their finances more than everyone else?

The big impact of this is a Global realisation that we have become far too reliant on China and that supply chains need to be shortened to reduce that dependency.

It will take time to reduce this dependency, but every major economy in the World is going to do it.

The Chinese are going to be the big losers in this, not immediately, but certainly in a decade.
I agree. The Free World has the collective ability to bring China to its knees by not buying anything from them. Since making themselves a world economic power by pillaging western nations they have become used to living an affluent lifestyle. Well not the peasants but the elite. If they see us in the west suddenly not buying their 'sweat shop-priced' goods then they may come to heel. It is a big if I know as we in the west has given them the money to produce almost everything they need. I am hearing that the Commies are the worlds largest producers of iron ore.. the main ingredient of steel. Yet they import 60/70% of their needs from Australia. Why you ask. Because we have a superior quality iron ore than the Commies. So if Aussie iron ore supplies were to dry up they can still produce their own to make steel.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

02-07-2020, 03:48 AM

It's in the UK news that Australia is buying missiles.
Not only missiles Lindyloo. It is a comprehensive and unprecented defence buy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 05:50 AM

Australia is working on a scheme to provide safe haven to Hong Kong residents after China’s “very concerning” decision to push ahead with the controversial new security law.

The Australian prime minister, Scotty from Marketing, said on Thursday this country was “prepared to step up and provide support”, although his cabinet was yet to finalise the details, including whether the scheme would include a pathway to permanent settlement.

Scotty’s confirmation that Australia is set to follow the UK in providing support to fleeing residents comes a day after authorities arrested hundreds of protesters in Hong Kong.

Page 40 of 52 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top