Join for free
Page 41 of 52 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 06:14 AM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
If they see us in the west suddenly not buying their 'sweat shop-priced' goods then they may come to heel.
Come to heel?

Don't even think it - it's just not in their psyche!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:53 AM

I think we are all guessing on what China's plans are & how they hope to achieve them, but I think it is obvious that that they are planning something.
If they used nuclear war weapons, what would they achieve apart from massive areas of land that cannot be used....remember Chernobyl!

Don't forget that China has been under communist rule for very long time, and those at the top have the supreme position of making all workers do exactly as they are told!
It would be their desire to do the same over any country they can capture & they just may do that.

Look at the disruption caused by all the immigrants coming to Europe. This was created by terrorist trying to gain more control.
Look how Covid19 has damaged the economies of many countries. This was created by an unknown virus probably created by China.
They want to control the world & I am not convinced that Trump is smart enough to stop them.... even with help from the rest of the West!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
They want to control the world & I am not convinced that Trump is smart enough to stop them.... even with help from the rest of the West!
Trump isn't smart at all - and I think most people/countries realise that. But he's unpredictable and unstable - so when he threatens something terrible - he HAS to be taken seriously.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Trump isn't smart at all - and I think most people/countries realise that. But he's unpredictable and unstable - so when he threatens something terrible - he HAS to be taken seriously.
'Loose Cannon' I think is the expression Lindy....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:23 AM

Hi

We have become far too dependant on China.

We like minimum Tax and Cheap Goods.

We have to take the long term view and start investing in our Education and industries.

Unfortunately the Political Elite in the UK look after themselves with short term gains.

Time to go back to Proper Apprenticeships, Burseries for Nurses and others vital to our Economy.

When i was growing up, being a Nurse cost nothing, you were paid

i was paid to go to Polytechnic and had to work for 3 years to pay it off.

Finish your apprenticeship and you earned enough to buy a house.

We have the best engineers in the world.

Times have changed, it is all about nonsense now.

Financial Advisors, Estate Agents etc who contribute nothing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have become far too dependant on China.

We like minimum Tax and Cheap Goods.

We have to take the long term view and start investing in our Education and industries.

Unfortunately the Political Elite in the UK look after themselves with short term gains.

Time to go back to Proper Apprenticeships, Burseries for Nurses and others vital to our Economy.

When i was growing up, being a Nurse cost nothing, you were paid

i was paid to go to Polytechnic and had to work for 3 years to pay it off.

Finish your apprenticeship and you earned enough to buy a house.

We have the best engineers in the world.

Times have changed, it is all about nonsense now.

Financial Advisors, Estate Agents etc who contribute nothing.
Spot on Swim......
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

02-07-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Australia is working on a scheme to provide safe haven to Hong Kong residents after China’s “very concerning” decision to push ahead with the controversial new security law.

The Australian prime minister, Scotty from Marketing, said on Thursday this country was “prepared to step up and provide support”, although his cabinet was yet to finalise the details, including whether the scheme would include a pathway to permanent settlement.

Scotty’s confirmation that Australia is set to follow the UK in providing support to fleeing residents comes a day after authorities arrested hundreds of protesters in Hong Kong.
Just another way Australia is pi**ing off the commies..and another excuse for their continual bullying of our nation. They see our and the Brits plan to allow a safe haven for Hong Kongers as "meddling in their (Beijing's) internal affairs" Tuff titties. We live in a democracy and welcome the repressed. I can see Beijing closing Hong Kong rather than allow anyone to flee to the Free World.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Just another way Australia is pi**ing off the commies..and another excuse for their continual bullying of our nation. They see our and the Brits plan to allow a safe haven for Hong Kongers as "meddling in their (Beijing's) internal affairs" Tuff titties. We live in a democracy and welcome the repressed. I can see Beijing closing Hong Kong rather than allow anyone to flee to the Free World.
I dont see that Swannie?
I think they will encourage the hong kongers to leave, it saves them
the trouble of controlling people who dont want be controlled
with all the bad publicity that would entail? And provide them with
a ready made province complete with infrastructure to place their
more impoverished citizens in for a new start?
So be prepared for an influx if your government is serious about
letting them in!!
But dont rely on uk to much to follow suit as we are full to the
Gunnells as they say and the citizens are prepared to repel
boarders??

Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁👍👍
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

04-07-2020, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I dont see that Swannie?
I think they will encourage the hong kongers to leave, it saves them
the trouble of controlling people who dont want be controlled
with all the bad publicity that would entail? And provide them with
a ready made province complete with infrastructure to place their
more impoverished citizens in for a new start?
So be prepared for an influx if your government is serious about
letting them in!!
But dont rely on uk to much to follow suit as we are full to the
Gunnells as they say and the citizens are prepared to repel
boarders??
Donkeyman Hope you are spot on but I have my doubts for one specific reason..Tienamen Square 1989.

But dont rely on uk to much to follow suit as we are full to the Gunnells as they say and the citizens are prepared to repel boarders??

Hasn't Boris already announced that he is preparing to offer dissident Hong Kongers UK residency then citizenship?
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

04-07-2020, 01:26 AM

This is the response by the mouthpiece of the Chinese Communist Party.. the Global Times yesterday (Thursday) over Australia's massive defense spending announcement.

“These weapon procurement plans have been widely interpreted as being ‘aimed at China’,” the news service reported, in an article titled China ‘prepared against military provocation from Australia’.

“While the Chinese military has no intention of provoking Australia, it is also not afraid of Australian provocations.”

It went on to say that: “Judging from the specifics of the listed weapons and equipment, analysts noted that they are obviously not intended for homeland defense, but for long-range combat”.

“Australia is only a follower of the US and its capability in the South China Sea will be limited despite the new plans.”

The Global Times quoted Beijing-based naval expert Li Jies as saying China may develop defense systems among other measures to deal with potential Australia-US collaboration against it.

“China can also take countermeasures in terms of politics, diplomacy and economic measures.”

Just more threats and bullying by the Commies. So nothing new.

Page 41 of 52 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top