Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 09:03 AM

mobile phones

so you ever notice the amount of folks using their mobile phones when they are driving, there is a fine over here but there does not seem to be enough police around to enforce the law.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 09:10 AM

Re: mobile phones

The most anti-social technology on earth, ban them.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 11:00 AM

A bus driver was pulled over in the town centre by the police for using one here a few months ago!

The drivers know it is against the law but don't seem to bother.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 11:10 AM

I frequently see people using mobile phones while driving and it makes me very cross ...
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 11:58 AM

Yes I see lots of people using the phones whilst driving as well. A couple of days ago I saw I lorry driver using one in a small town which really really annoyed me and I wrote down the name of the company and was going to email them, but never did.

I also see lots of young lads driving tractors using them.

There's no excuse to use them whilst driving with hands free kits and phones with speaker being readily available. Really makes me cross!
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 12:54 PM

Making it illegal has had no effect on the use of mobile phone whilst driving, seems just as many people using their phone as before.

I have never used my phone whilst driving. If my phone rings whilst I driving I will either wait until I have reached where I'm going or if I'm expecting a call I will pull over when I find a suitable place.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wonda ->
Making it illegal has had no effect on the use of mobile phone whilst driving, seems just as many people using their phone as before.
Originally Posted by Wonda ->
I have never used my phone whilst driving. If my phone rings whilst I driving I will either wait until I have reached where I'm going or if I'm expecting a call I will pull over when I find a suitable place.
That's it exactly. It's illegal here too, but too many drivers are doing it for enforcement to do any good. Bah!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 04:13 PM

Passed a driver in the middle lane on the M6.... and he had a newspaper open across his steering wheel, I couldnt believe it.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 04:54 PM

Surely nothing is so important it cant wait til the end of the journey. Years ago most people didnt even have phones in their houses and they coped. People nowadays cant survive without a phone glued to their ear 24 hours a day. I have one but it stays in one room because I hate being on call to everyone at all times. I do like it with me when I go out though for emergencys but it stays in my bag in the car and my family and friends know I wont reply if Im in the car.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 04:59 PM

I keep my mobile for emergencies only ...... good thing too as telephone kiosks are very few and far between when you need one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top