Join for free
Page 113 of 164 « First < 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 12:43 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

I just got my first appointment in this morning, for the beginning of April. Trouble is, its miles away - at least an hour on a bus. Does anyone know if its possible to change location at all? I admit to having a bit of a pout with this, because everyone I know (Mr P and a couple of neighbours,)all had local appointments, yet I have to go on a smelly bus, further than I have been for months, with the great unwashed hordes trooping on and off. I know I'm being overly anxious now, but if I could change the location I would be happier.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I just got my first appointment in this morning, for the beginning of April. Trouble is, its miles away - at least an hour on a bus. Does anyone know if its possible to change location at all? I admit to having a bit of a pout with this, because everyone I know (Mr P and a couple of neighbours,)all had local appointments, yet I have to go on a smelly bus, further than I have been for months, with the great unwashed hordes trooping on and off. I know I'm being overly anxious now, but if I could change the location I would be happier.
In England you do get a choice but what happened to me is that the GP sent a text with two options of practice, and then the next day there was a letter giving more choice of locations including pharmacies (not from the GP). But not sure how it's being organised in Scotland.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
In England you do get a choice but what happened to me is that the GP sent a text with two options of practice, and then the next day there was a letter giving more choice of locations including pharmacies (not from the GP). But not sure how it's being organised in Scotland.
Thanks Annie...I did have a check on the NHS Scotland site, and it seems there is no option of changing locations, just the time or date of the appointment. So that's a bit of a bugger. I could try that I suppose and chance my arm over where they have spaces. (Oh! Pardon the pun, haha!).
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:19 PM

I have no idea of where in Scotland you are but the link below gives details of changing your appointment, there's an 0800 telephone number too which may help. It definitely doesn't make sense to travel a number of miles when there is possibly a closer vaccination centre.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-...on-appointment
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:20 PM

Thanks Annie...I did have a check on the NHS Scotland site, and it seems there is no option of changing locations, just the time or date of the appointment. So that's a bit of a bugger. I could try that I suppose and chance my arm over where they have spaces. (Oh! Pardon the pun, haha!).
You could wait a couple of days and try again, but with the temporary glitch in vaccine supplies it's going to be less likely there will be more opportunity to get vaccinated in April.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-03-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I have no idea of where in Scotland you are but the link below gives details of changing your appointment, there's an 0800 telephone number too which may help. It definitely doesn't make sense to travel a number of miles when there is possibly a closer vaccination centre.

I guess they are keen to get people vaccinated so they may be flexible if you hold off or say no. But it's a risk unless you don't mind waiting.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:23 PM

I hope you can change your location Pixie. I wouldn’t like to travel on public transport for an hour and then an hour back home. Good luck with it!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-03-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->

Thanks Baz! I have a couple of weeks to try and change it, so fingers crossed. I just don't get why its so random? Maybe the time of booking my appointment, there were no places locally, so I'm hoping if I can reschedule, I could get lucky with closer to home.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
We had the second dose of Pfizer this afternoon no problems so far .
Thats good can I ask when you had your first please?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-03-2021, 01:50 PM

You could wait a couple of days and try again, but with the temporary glitch in vaccine supplies it's going to be less likely there will be more opportunity to get vaccinated in April.
Yes, this is true...

I guess they are keen to get people vaccinated so they may be flexible if you hold off or say no. But it's a risk unless you don't mind waiting.
I don't mind waiting I suppose. Especially if its the AZ, which I am still very nervous about. if I get there and they offer me that, I'll just say no and come home again. Waste of a trip for no reason.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope you can change your location Pixie. I wouldn’t like to travel on public transport for an hour and then an hour back home. Good luck with it!
Y'know Mags, I feel more nervous right now about the travelling and associated risks, than I do about the vaccine itself! If I can get one more local, i would be more relaxed about it I think.

Page 113 of 164 « First < 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top