Join for free
Page 161 of 164 « First < 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:40 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

I hope Annie and Vlad’s family are all feeling better. It’s horrid when you don’t feel well.

My daughter who is a teacher had her first vaccination, Moderna, a week ago.

She felt fine but a few days later, her arm where she had the injection was red with a rash and sore.

On top of that her flatmate, a children’s nurse said the Moderna would make my daughter unable to have children and that’s why she herself had the AstraZeneca vaccination.

She said, the Moderna contains a protein that affects the blood and stops a fertilised egg from attaching to the wall of the womb.

This really upset my daughter as she wants to have children. I have told her, it has not been proven and not to take any notice of her flatmate.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I hope Annie and Vlad’s family are all feeling better. It’s horrid when you don’t feel well.

She felt fine but a few days later, her arm where she had the injection was red with a rash and sore.

On top of that her flatmate, a children’s nurse said the Moderna would make my daughter unable to have children and that’s why she herself had the AstraZeneca vaccination.

She said, the Moderna contains a protein that affects the blood and stops a fertilised egg from attaching to the wall of the womb.

This really upset my daughter as she wants to have children. I have told her, it has not been proven and not to take any notice of her flatmate.

Is this so-called inability to have children a proven fact, Art, or just more idle gossip and scare-mongering from the ill-informed?

Either way, it was pretty thoughtless of your daughter's flat-mate to tell her that, knowing she'd just had the vacc.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 07:15 PM

I thought that rumour was about AZ Art. " Moderna arm "is quite a common side effect.

I am feeling ok now so I guess my gp was right about the2nd az jab being milder.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 07:21 PM

Thank you, my family are all fine, granddaughter and boy friend are feeling a lot better today still in lockdown for another week
Daughter and family no symptoms but also in lockdown .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 07:23 PM

My son had his second AZ jab today, he's ok at the moment but with the first one he started feeling unwell on the second day and it lasted three days.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Is this so-called inability to have children a proven fact, Art, or just more idle gossip and scare-mongering from the ill-informed?

Either way, it was pretty thoughtless of your daughter's flat-mate to tell her that, knowing she'd just had the vacc.
Mups, Hopefully it is just idle gossip but what a thing to say someone who would like children some day.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

07-06-2021, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought that rumour was about AZ Art. " Moderna arm "is quite a common side effect.

I am feeling ok now so I guess my gp was right about the2nd az jab being milder.
Annie, I don’t know but it really upset my daughter and the two of them get on great normally.

I am really pleased you are feeling better. I am also pleased that Vlad’s family and boyfriend are ok.

Vlad, l don’t mean it’s your boyfriend!

Mags, l hope your son continues to feel ok.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:53 AM

Annie, I don’t know but it really upset my daughter and the two of them get on great normally.

I am really pleased you are feeling better. I am also pleased that Vlad’s family and boyfriend are ok.

Vlad, l don’t mean it’s your boyfriend!

Mags, l hope your son continues to feel ok.
Sorry I had a look and it was apparently Pfizer that had the myth. Pfizer and moderna have been extensively tested in the US for use in pregnancy. That's why they do not give pregnant women AZ because the others have been deemed safe and AZ is not as rigorously tested on pregnancy.

The rumour I heard is that the Indian community in Britain was against AZ because they thought it affects fertility.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-06-2021, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My son had his second AZ jab today, he's ok at the moment but with the first one he started feeling unwell on the second day and it lasted three days.
Mags I hope he feels as well as I do. It's been no comparison with the first jab.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mags I hope he feels as well as I do. It's been no comparison with the first jab.
Second day today and he is saying no reactions this time 👏.

Hopefully all will be well with him.

Page 161 of 164 « First < 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top