Join for free
Page 7 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:37 PM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
One up to Andrew Neil and GB News....

Quote:

The mobile phone giant and other was targeted by the left-wing Stop Funding Hate plotting to bring down the nascent channel that promises to be anti-woke, pro-British and cover more stories outside London. IKEA, Nivea, Kopparberg, Grolsch, the Open University, Octopus Energy, Ovo Energy and insurer LV have pulled their adverts from Andrew Neil's new channel. Last night anti-GB News protesters hailed 'good news' after Vodafone's official account tweeted that 'advertising [with GB News] has been placed without our permission', adding the business would be 'addressing this'. But a company source has told Guido Fawkes * that they have 'no intention of boycotting' and the social media person had made a decision 'way above their station', pointing out that GB News is regulated by broadcasting watchdog Ofcom. Last night Andrew Neil was involved in a Twitter row with Octopus Energy's boss Greg Jackson. In an extraordinary exchange Mr Neil threatened to cancel his company if they wanted to advertise with them again. Mr Neil told him: 'Have a look at our content. You'll find no hate. Let me know if you want to advertise. And I'll let you know if we want your ads. Or whether we organise a boycott of you'.
* Guido Fawkes is a right-wing political website published by Anglo-Irish political blogger Paul Staines.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
* Guido Fawkes is a right-wing political website published by Anglo-Irish political blogger Paul Staines.
But in this case does that make them wrong or are you to closed minded not to believe any thing they say.????
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
But in this case does that make them wrong or are you to closed minded not to believe any thing they say.????
Yes to both .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 03:54 PM

So?

Spec Savers is the latest to pull its advertising: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...ew-Neil-update

I think I'll use an independent or Vision Express next time I have an eye test and new specs.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 04:18 PM

Think older people will stick with the older and well known presenters.

https://inews.co.uk/culture/televisi...ats-on-1050158

Andrew Neil, 8pm
“News-making interviews, comment and analysis” from the BBC’s former chief interrogator and GB News Chairman.

Regular features include “mediawatch” and “wokewatch” segments set to provoke liberal progressives.

Alastair Stewart & Friends, Saturday midday-3pm

Veteran ITV news anchor hosts a “warm conversation and analysis of current affairs through the lens of his 45 years’ experience at the sharp end of Britain’s biggest news events.”

McCoy & Phillips, 3pm-6pm

Simon McCoy presents an afternoon show on GB News with Alexandra Phillips, a former Brexit Party MEP

Simon McCoy and Alex Phillips co-host “lively engaging conversation about the issues on the tip of the nation’s tongue.”

Ex-BBC News anchor McCoy will bring his famous sarcastic asides and present a daily “good news” segment to cheer up viewers.

Former Brexit Party MEP Phillips will “let off steam” in a regular opportunity for a rant.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 05:26 PM

Co-op commits to advertising on GB News

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...campaigns.html

Well, it would, wouldn't it ..... ?
Good for the Co-op then. At last a bit of common sense. People who hold opinions both Right and Centre have as much right to air them as the Left and the Woke. Certainly business and industry should not be caving in to a minor organisation in an effort to virtue signal. I'll bet the Co-op's stance gains them more business than caving into the minority pressure groups of this kind.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 05:33 PM

IKEA - Load of old flat-packed crap .... Bye! bye!
Grolsch - popular in the 80's .... Bye! bye!
Koppaberg ..... er never heard of ';em.... Bye! bye!
Open University .... not worth the paper it's written on ... Bye! bye
Octopus Energy ... Bugger off.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
IKEA - Load of old flat-packed crap .... Bye! bye!
Grolsch - popular in the 80's .... Bye! bye!
Koppaberg ..... er never heard of ';em.... Bye! bye!
Open University .... not worth the paper it's written on ... Bye! bye
Octopus Energy ... Bugger off.

See how many change their opinions when the shares start falling.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
So?

Spec Savers is the latest to pull its advertising: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...ew-Neil-update

I think I'll use an independent or Vision Express next time I have an eye test and new specs.
Same here Percy, Specsavers keep pestering me by email to book an appointment. I shall explain my reasons why I shall not be requiring their services in the future...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Good for the Co-op then. At last a bit of common sense. People who hold opinions both Right and Centre have as much right to air them as the Left and the Woke. Certainly business and industry should not be caving in to a minor organisation in an effort to virtue signal. I'll bet the Co-op's stance gains them more business than caving into the minority pressure groups of this kind.
Well said Rainmaker....

Page 7 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top