Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 12:07 AM

Re: Whatever next in discrimination?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
How is her hairstyle? Neat or wild?
She has a buzzcut. No.2......why?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
She has a buzzcut. No.2......why?
Because this is a thread about the follicly/follically challenged....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 04:42 PM

I remember as a child going to the seaside and seeing boarding houses with signs no dogs, no blacks , no Irish.

My grandmother who never lost her Dublin accent was spat on in the street for being Irish.
Discrimination and hatred is everywhere.

Interesting and it works both ways. My wife's dad was Irish and when she was a child, the family moved from England to Ireland. My wife was bullied mercilessly for her English accent and blonde hair - both by fellow pupils and the nun teachers. Her dad ran a coach business and during the 'Troubles' his vehicles suffered continual damage and graffiti, simply because he was married to an Englishwoman.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I remember as a child going to the seaside and seeing boarding houses with signs no dogs, no blacks , no Irish.

My grandmother who never lost her Dublin accent was spat on in the street for being Irish.
Discrimination and hatred is everywhere.

Interesting and it works both ways. My wife's dad was Irish and when she was a child, the family moved from England to Ireland. My wife was bullied mercilessly for her English accent and blonde hair - both by fellow pupils and the nun teachers. Her dad ran a coach business and during the 'Troubles' his vehicles suffered continual damage and graffiti, simply because he was married to an Englishwoman.

Exactly they are all as bad as each other. Dad never dared take us children back to Dublin during the troubles he was scared our very London accents would lead to problems but he promised one day we would go and meet all the family..
Sadly he died before the end of the troubles.

But my son lives near Dublin and his children were born there, the first time I got off the plane visiting them it was like being home.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Exactly they are all as bad as each other. Dad never dared take us children back to Dublin during the troubles he was scared our very London accents would lead to problems but he promised one day we would go and meet all the family..
Sadly he died before the end of the troubles.

But my son lives near Dublin and his children were born there, the first time I got off the plane visiting them it was like being home.
"The Troubles" better known as the Fenian terrorism against a part of the United Kingdom will never end any time soon and the British people must never cease defending themselves in THEIR part of the island of Ireland.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
"The Troubles" better known as the Fenian terrorism against a part of the United Kingdom will never end any time soon and the British people must never cease defending themselves in THEIR part of the island of Ireland.

I disagree with you on all points.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:28 PM

Typically English to claim that another country is yours simply because you invaded it and ran roughshod over its people denying them any rights.

Then when they try to take back whats theirs you dare to moan!

Killing innocents is never right but one cannot expect to invade a country and not get rebellion.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:40 PM

Hi

I am English.

That means I am a Mongrel, we have been invaded so many times.

It worries me not.

I judge people on what they are like, not where they are from.

I would rather be treated by a Foreign Nurse who knows what they are doing than Jacob Rees Mogg.
Cass
NL

12-02-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

i am english.

That means i am a mongrel, we have been invaded so many times.

It worries me not.

I judge people on what they are like, not where they are from.

I would rather be treated by a foreign nurse who knows what they are doing than jacob rees mogg.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Typically English to claim that another country is yours simply because you invaded it and ran roughshod over its people denying them any rights.

Then when they try to take back whats theirs you dare to moan!

Killing innocents is never right but one cannot expect to invade a country and not get rebellion.
Improve your knowledge and understanding of history.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top