Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 09:02 PM

How to get to Heaven from Ireland

A true Story from an Irish Sunday School Teacher

I was testing children in my Dublin Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven. I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into heaven?"

"NO!" the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the garden, and kept everything tidy, would that get me into heaven?" Again, the answer was NO!

"If I gave sweets to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into heaven?" Again, they all answered NO!

I was just bursting with pride for them. I continued, "Then how can I get into heaven?"

A little boy shouted out, "YUV GOTTA BE F*CKING DEAD."
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 11:33 AM

Re: How to get to Heaven from Ireland

Out of the mouths of babes
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 07:48 PM

Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 03:28 AM

I can't top that one, but I'll try anyway. No doubt sugar will say that my joke stinks.

Mom and Dad were trying to console Susie, whose dog, Skipper, had recently died.

"You know," Mom said, "it's not so bad. Skipper's probably up in Heaven right now, having a grand old time with God."

Susie stopped crying and asked, "What would God want with a dead dog?"
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 03:34 AM

Ploppy your joke stinks ...

Why don't you try mind reading .. because you are a
lousy comedian

Longfellow jokes is really funny ...
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 07:49 PM

I laughed at that Ploppy.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 03:22 AM

So did sugarbug, Kitty. She's just stirring again.
Bend over, sugar.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 10:14 PM

On another forum, a member asked what was the best way to see Ireland. I suggested that it was from the boat going to Scotland.

Another member responded that he was insulted to which I said that from my knowledge of the Irish (North & South) a sense of humour was one of their great attributes. I wonder if he's heard the one about the dead dog....?
Teddy
U.S.A.
Teddy is male  Teddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2014, 02:53 AM

I love it and the thing is it's true LOL

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top