Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 05:33 AM

Re: Hadron Collider Firing Up Again.

yes man and womans search for meaning and knowledge etc is insatiable but it's just bringing them a little closer to the God head - her and him.

he is a fool who turns away from the Lord -

you are incapable of making the seed that produces the flower you love best etc etc - we can till the land and sow the crops but who provides the rain and even the manure and of course the sun and the bees - not alan that's for sure
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
yes man and womans search for meaning and knowledge etc is insatiable but it's just bringing them a little closer to the God head - her and him.

he is a fool who turns away from the Lord -

you are incapable of making the seed that produces the flower you love best etc etc - we can till the land and sow the crops but who provides the rain and even the manure and of course the sun and the bees - not alan that's for sure
If we start a thread on this one Gumbud it will go on forever and we will still be split into two camps - the believers like you and the non-believers like me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 06:57 AM

You never know, one Camp maybe out too smoke the other Camp out
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You never know, one Camp maybe out too smoke the other Camp out
If you do have to camp out Spitty, be sure to camp on holy ground, blessed by Pope Pious the tent, nothing like a combination of soil and soul for spiritual comfort.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 09:31 AM

Swimfeeders, I have to agree with Gumbud; Its one thing knowing about all this stuff, but to offer it in an easily digestible form is something else.
You appear to have mastered both......Don't you just love science....

PS:- Morning Jem.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 09:40 AM

And a very good morning to you too Bob. I'm off now for a week or so on a mission of mercy more or less, see you soon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
And a very good morning to you too Bob. I'm off now for a week or so on a mission of mercy more or less, see you soon.
Safe journey Jem, look forward to reading you when you return....
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 10:04 AM

All I need to understand about the HC is Up and Atom...after all I'm just a women for gawds sake.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 03:52 PM

Hi

Well Morticia is still safe and well Chez Pigsty.

The LHC has finished it's first run at the new higher energy levels and none of us seem to have have ended up in an alternative Universe.

The next experiment is about to start

"For now, though, the focus shifts to the studying lead ion collisions, in which the hundreds of protons and neutrons in two lead nuclei are smashed into one another at energies of over a few trillion electronvolts each. This creates a miniscule fireball in which everything “melts” into a quark-gluon plasma.

Quark-gluon plasma, as the name suggests, is a mixture of quarks -- the fundamental particles that make up protons and neutrons, and gluons -- the force carriers that bind quarks together.

Scientists believe that for a few millionths of a second after the big bang, the universe was composed entirely of a hot, dense soup of this plasma. And, in order to recreate these conditions, massive ions -- such as gold or lead -- are made to collide head-on. Scientists hope the collision debris will yield exotic particles like pions, kaons, antiprotons and antineutrons."

I am off to the LHC early next year, my son has arranged tickets for me.

Assuming that I have not been incinerated alive, or been transported outside of known time and space. I will keep you posted.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 03:56 PM

Assuming that I have not been incinerated alive, or been transported outside of known time and space. I will keep you posted.

"You may be gone some time"

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top