Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 06:29 PM

Re: Christmas Arrangements.

Mr & Mrs d00d lying low.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 07:08 PM

It will be me myself and I oh yes and the dog Gert. As a family we have got this far by the grace of God, good handwashing, sensible behaviour all of working age including myself have worked through out.

Due to normal days off Sunday and Monday and part time working I have for the first time ever got 4 days for Christmas and no where to go. Ah well so is life.

We are all staying apart - so we can always be together hereafter.

Oh slight fib there my brother and sister are meeting me at the cemetery Monday 20th to put a cross I have made on Mom and Dad's grave and exchange gifts. My brother said as we would not be together, this way we would "all" with Mom and Dad be together to exchange gifts Sentimental soul he is. (not normally but this year has got to him I think. He actually said to his wife "I miss my sisters"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 07:19 AM

I usually make a trifle at Christmas but this rather caught my eye because in contains all ingredients I really like.

Gingernut biscuits, coconut and mango and no waiting around for jelly to set.

What do you think?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 08:03 AM

I think that looks delicious, Bruce. Going into town today - will visit health food shop for chia seeds and give it a try!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 03:16 PM

This year I have abandoned Christmas. No tree or decorations, no cards just a nice dinner with roast beef & only my sister to share it with. I have only done this once before, back in 2004 when my mum died just before Christmas & I stayed home alone to look after my diabetic cat.

I am sure many people will miss spending Christmas with their families, but perhaps we could have a summer Christmas instead. Just think ladies......
the men can do all the cooking on a barbeque and if the weather is good we can eat in the garden with very little clearing up to do. Choose any weekend you want & enjoy the lack of queues in the shops!
Apart from that the weather may be good so we can be outside, distancing if we still need to, and hopefully we will all have had our vaccine & feel a bit safer.

I have always envied the Aussies having Christmas at summer... so maybe we should all give it a try in the summer!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 10:09 PM

Just me and my shadow.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
T

I have always envied the Aussies having Christmas at summer... so maybe we should all give it a try in the summer!
Funnily enough there are a fair number of restaurants and venues here that do "Christmas in July" so people can have the more traditional Christmas dinner in the middle of winter and in some places there is a vague possibility of snow.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

20-12-2020, 11:57 AM

What a difference a day makes!

My kids/Grandkids from Canberra might not be coming for Christmas - at 11.59pm tonight (two and a half hours time) anybody entering the ACT from Sydney, the Illawarra, Blue Mountains will have to quarantine for 14 days. So if they visit me they will have to quarantine on their return. My son works in the Navy and has been told he cannot leave the ACT. He suggested I get in the car and drive down there, I could do it in 2½ hours before the quarantine orders come into effect but I suspect so will a lot of other people and the highway will be jammed.

Meanwhile my daughter in the ACT received an email today cancelling her permit to enter Victoria for Christmas - she has to reapply for a permit to cross the NSW/Victorian border.

I suggested to my son (in Sydney) that he might be better off coming down here as soon as possible before Sydney is locked down. He poo pooed the idea and said he will be coming down Thursday as planned.

It looks as though I could be spending Christmas either by myself or with one son and his dog with two Christmas puddings and 2kg of snags!.

A friend just rang me from Townsville where he just arrived to stay with in laws, he told me it took ages to get out of the airport while the police checked permits and driving licenses to ensure they were not from Sydney or the northern beaches (even though they flew from Sydney airport)

It is getting very complicated with this new outbreak in Sydney - 70 cases over the last three days.

We are already planning our Zoom calls!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 05:06 PM

Hi

Sabina was here this afternoon with Goshia, never in the same room as them.

All with masks and gloves.

Nadi arrived later, one of the pretendies, and gave me my birthday present by putting it on the front door step and talking to me outside.

I will see Nadi and Jakob Christmas Eve, Sabina is bringing them with food, but everything left outside,

A very strange Christmas indeed, but good fun all the same/
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

We will be going to Ady & Paula's for Christmas lunch and that is all. The rest of Christmas will be spent going short walks if the weather's ok and rides out to visit local beauty spots. Watching box sets & eating chocolate

My plans have changed. The sensible thing is not to go as Paula's parents will be there too!

Now looking forward to a quiet Christmas at home with Tony.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top