Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 01:26 PM

US guidance says fully vaccinated people can meet without masks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56323907

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced that fully vaccinated Americans can return to some sense of normalcy. People are considered protected two weeks after they take the final dose of their vaccine, the CDC said.

Those who have received the required jabs can visit with other vaccinated people and some unvaccinated people, according to the new guidelines.

The recommendations say fully vaccinated Americans can:
  • Meet indoors with other fully vaccinated people without masks or social distancing
  • Meet indoors with unvaccinated people from a single household, if they are at low risk for severe illness from the virus
  • Skip testing or quarantine when exposed to Covid-19, unless symptoms appear

But they should continue to:
  • Avoid non-essential travel and large crowds
  • Continue to wear face coverings and maintain social distancing in public

The CDC said there was still a risk vaccinated people could spread the disease to the unvaccinated, as data on this remains sparse. The new guidelines in particular call for mask wearing and distancing from those who are unvaccinated and may be at an elevated risk of serious Covid-related complications.

The US has seen a recent uptick in the number of inoculations per day. Over 90 million vaccines have been administered to date. The approval of a third vaccine, Johnson & Johnson's single-dose jab, to join the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech versions, has also helped boost supply.

But health officials warn that Covid-19 is still a serious concern.

"Over 90% of the population still has not been vaccinated," CDC Director Dr Rochelle Walensky said. "Our responsibility is to make sure, in the context of 60,000 new cases a day, that we protect those who are vulnerable."

The US has reported over 29 million virus cases and 525,000 deaths.
Too much, too soon .....

With only 10% of the population vaccinated and many of the rest still refusing to obey social distancing/mask/hygiene rules *, I'd say so .....

* The Trump Legacy
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 01:52 PM

Re: US guidance says fully vaccinated people can meet without masks

I think people...the sensible ones might be a bit wary
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 04:47 PM

With the amount of deaths and illness in the US, I would hope that nobody - even if vaccinated - take on this advice!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 06:15 PM

My American pals, even though they've had their jabs, are still being very careful.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 07:03 PM

Good to know, Tiffany....I'm sure a lot of America will try and keep safe
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 07:25 PM

We are adhering to the sound advice of the CDC, and will continue to practice guidelines until all Americans are safe. Even after our second shots, we will stay cautious.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

09-03-2021, 07:39 PM

I'm so glad to hear that RN, so many bad things are happening with you over there....I'm glad you are staying safe
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 09:43 PM

Vaccinated or not, it wouldn't be advice that I would be taking.....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 09:48 PM

There's nobody I want to meet without a mask badly enough to take them to America in order to be able do it.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
There's nobody I want to meet without a mask badly enough to take them to America in order to be able do it.
Lucky for you then, harbal, we aren't mailing out invites to the UK at the present time. You are off the hook.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top