Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:23 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Humpty Dumpty was a cannon.
don't you mean a Canon?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
don't you mean a Canon?
Nope a large mounted weapon.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:35 PM

No he was just pleased to see you
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
No he was just pleased to see you
Glad you didn't quote my last post on that matter.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:43 PM

Glad you didn't quote my last post on that matter.
have you polished his cannon??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 08:35 PM

Thanks for all the Paddy's day stuff Sweetie, very thoughtful of you as usual.

God bless that head of yours RJ, ’tis a jewel casket containing many gems, superb renderings indeed.

I forgot all about yer medal Gummy, but I will do something about it this summer I promise, give me a symbol or an idea of what you’d like to be on it, a Kangaroo, boomerang, wild turkey, bottle of Jack Daniels, shotgun, or maybe a camouflage nightdress.
Perhaps a simple feather quill in gold on a silver backed medal engraved with “Gumbud” underneath it? I’ll stamp my own makers mark on the back of it to make it authentic.

We’ve just got back from town, great craic there, we were with our son and daughter, their spouses, and the three grandkids, the granda was drowning the shamrock, the dear little shamrock, the sweet little shamrock, that grows in Ireland, well you know how the song goes, nuff said on that, you get the message.
I got some great news today when my son said they were home for good this time, they had been searching to buy a house in Northern Italy so they could be with his wife’s mother in law, but she won’t budge from Rome, it’s a long story, but I’m thrilled they are staying in Dublin, I missed their little son very much, my dear little Patrizio.
Sorry I’m a bit tipsy.
There’s a lot of reading to catch up on here after I have a quick forty winks, see wiz later maybe.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-03-2019, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thanks for all the Paddy's day stuff Sweetie, very thoughtful of you as usual.

God bless that head of yours RJ, ’tis a jewel casket containing many gems, superb renderings indeed.

I forgot all about yer medal Gummy, but I will do something about it this summer I promise, give me a symbol or an idea of what you’d like to be on it, a Kangaroo, boomerang, wild turkey, bottle of Jack Daniels, shotgun, or maybe a camouflage nightdress.
Perhaps a simple feather quill in gold on a silver backed medal engraved with “Gumbud” underneath it? I’ll stamp my own makers mark on the back of it to make it authentic.

We’ve just got back from town, great craic there, we were with our son and daughter, their spouses, and the three grandkids, the granda was drowning the shamrock, the dear little shamrock, the sweet little shamrock, that grows in Ireland, well you know how the song goes, nuff said on that, you get the message.
I got some great news today when my son said they were home for good this time, they had been searching to buy a house in Northern Italy so they could be with his wife’s mother in law, but she won’t budge from Rome, it’s a long story, but I’m thrilled they are staying in Dublin, I missed their little son very much, my dear little Patrizio.
Sorry I’m a bit tipsy.
There’s a lot of reading to catch up on here after I have a quick forty winks, see wiz later maybe.
Of course, I thought of you Jem, and I glad you had a wonderful time with your family.
Good news that your son is staying.
I am going to Rome later this year, I have never been there before.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
nice stuff RJ is this already copyright or yours?
I am constantly hoisted by my own petard, but it's hard to keep up with so many other contributions when they are also not attributed to anyone.

St Patricks Breastplate is based on legends of yore.
The actual lyrics of the wonderful hymn are those of my favourite hymn writer Mrs Francis Cecile Alexander.

She wrote many much-loved children's songs.

e.g.

there is a Green Hill far away

Once in Royal Davids City

All things bright and beautiful

great in here ennit
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 09:14 PM

Thanks for that Jem. I've been called a head case, never a jewel case.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

17-03-2019, 09:17 PM

Cannon & Bull

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top