Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 11:59 AM

Re: EU - I'm Chucking my Own Dummy out!

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Excellent ideas but, What make of car do you drive and in which country was it made. I would like to follow suit but there are so many things that we cannot buy that are Made in Britain.
Hi Ben!

My car is a Hyundai i40.

Not bad for the money.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 12:08 PM

I actually like Europe & have visited many different parts over the years.... but I don't want to be ruled by them!

It isn't just their politicians that are making things difficult, most of our own seem to have forgotten that they work for the people.....so even if they wanted to remain, they should still adere to the democratic vote to leave & stop behaving like spoiled children, who will do anything to get their own way

Our politicians are doing everything they can to try and prevent us leaving, so perhaps they should consider emigrating to a EU country.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 12:23 PM

Twink, the MPs work for the EU, on the payroll gravy train one way or another via businesses, sub businesses, sub sub businesses or with peerages and so on.

That means our democracy has been usurped and that's a very serious matter.

Parliament has absolutely no intention of taking us out of the EU.

Your vote is basically declared invalid and has been removed from you. It's just that most people haven't woken up to that reality.

We've been living in an illusiory democracy for 30 years whilst operatives working in our government have signed EU treaties to destroy the sovereignty of our country and the nationality of its people without ever telling the people nor giving them any say in the matter.

People need to understand clearly what is going on.

This is no different to them telling you that you can't vote at the forthcoming General Election and that you will simply have to put up with which ever political party they choose to put in parliament.

It is a constitutional crisis of immense significance.

The entire country is going to have to stand up as one and take whatever actions are required to put an end to this situation. General Strikes for example. Widescale peaceful protests in every major city on a scale never before witnessed and so on.

A countrywide boycott on European goods might also have significant impact.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Don't worry about it. Carry on regardless. Don't let the bastards grind you down. Life is too short... etc etc.

Tedc and others...go for a nice walk. See how many Volvos you can count etc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Excellent ideas but, What make of car do you drive and in which country was it made. I would like to follow suit but there are so many things that we cannot buy that are Made in Britain.
Japanese for me.... Ok, so it's not British but at least it's not European.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 12:59 PM

I have been avoiding European produce where possible for a long time now. Not because I had anything against European countries but because most of the stuff is crap (literally in some instances).
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 01:05 PM

I’ve been boycotting European goods for the past 2 years. I well remember having a set-to with the Produce Manager at Sainsbury’s because I wanted to support English growers by buying English apples. They had a selection of about 14 varieties, and not one of them English!! He certainly got a flea in his ear from me. Of course, I got the excuse of ‘’it’s what head office send to us’’. Suffice to say, the following week there was a prominent display of Cox’s Orange Pippins, so, I can’t have been the only person complaining about them not supporting English Orchards.

I have even given up on my lovely Irish Kerrygold butter and now buy English or Welsh. The flavour is not as nice, but damned if I am going to support Varadakar and the EU. I buy only English meat, local vegetables, and although limited, English fruit where ever I can (thank goodness Bananas aren’t grown in the EU) Unfortunately, can't do a lot about Oranges and Orange Juice (must have Vitimin C).

I buy Welsh and Cornish Cheese, eggs, bacon and sausage from the local farm shop, bread from the local baker and my Wine from Australia and California. (never been a lover of French or Spanish anyway).

I hope more people support English goods whenever possible.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Japanese for me.... Ok, so it's not British but at least it's not European.
Yep, Japanese for me too. Qashkai's are all made in Sunderland.....

I never have liked French wines and always buy wine from Chile, Aus and Spain.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top