Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 04:20 PM

Re: Meanwhile in the Eurozone ...

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Agreed but everyone is saying that the current uncertainty is affecting our economy so if we were not leaving the Uzk economy would be doing even better

Since we voted to leave it you mean ?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The only way to find out is to compare the UK economy in recent years (as a member) with before 1973, when you became a member. As you recall the UK in those days was called the sick man of europe. Need I elaborate?
Yes we were Solly, but not because the people were poor, but
because of the actions of the unions!
If l remember correctly, nas a machinetool fitter l was earning
about £48 pw! It doesnt sound much now but a decent
detached house in the midlands cost £5000- £7000!
and COL in proportion. So much better off then?
Now it seems young people are staying with their parents
again as was the case just after the war! Since joining eu
Uk has stagnated!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes we were Solly, but not because the people were poor, but
because of the actions of the unions!
If l remember correctly, nas a machinetool fitter l was earning
about £48 pw! It doesnt sound much now but a decent
detached house in the midlands cost £5000- £7000!
and COL in proportion. So much better off then?
Now it seems young people are staying with their parents
again as was the case just after the war! Since joining eu
Uk has stagnated!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Sorry donks, but the same trends are everywhere, also outside the EU. As bruce has pointed out, not everything is related to brexit. It may seem that way, because all the attention brexit gets.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Since we voted to leave it you mean ?
Yes but we are still a member of the EU therefore the success of the economy can is being achieved under the framework of the E.U. regulatory envelope but could have been even better as it was impacted by the uncertainty around leaving the EU, slowing growth and investment
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 10:20 PM

Yes but we are still a member of the EU therefore the success of the economy can is being achieved under the framework of the E.U. regulatory envelope but could have been even better as it was impacted by the uncertainty around leaving the EU, slowing growth and investment

No.

If that were the case you would have 27 countries with the same economic growth.

You should at which countries trade with each other and which readers most with the rest if the world.

The EU has nothing to do with it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Sorry donks, but the same trends are everywhere, also outside the EU. As bruce has pointed out, not everything is related to brexit. It may seem that way, because all the attention brexit gets.
You still missunderstand me Solly, lm beginning to think
you do it on purpose??
I dont blame anything on brexit!
I blame it on joining the eu at all!!
Regards Donkeyman!
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 11:30 PM

No.

If that were the case you would have 27 countries with the same economic growth.

You should at which countries trade with each other and which readers most with the rest if the world.

The EU has nothing to do with it.
What are you on about?

All 28 countries that a members of the EU trade with each other and the rest of the world under the umbrella of EU regulations

However, the 28 countries are not all clones and have different industries and their own internal regulations and capabilities.

We are currently trading under EU regulations and the only negative is the uncertainty caused by Brexit

Germany is doing less well than the UK due to a greater reliance on the automotive industry and the downturn in sales of diesel cars and their general lack of development of alternatives powered vehicles

The UK is heavily reliant on services which have unrestricted access into the EU whilst we are still a member.

Most prognosis’s indicate that when we leave the EU out economy will decline, the extent being determined by what type of Brexit terms we leave under

The only winners if we leave on 31 October will be the super rich mates of Johnson & Farage who have already shorted the pound hence Johnson’s desperation to leave without a deal even if it means breaking the law.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-09-2019, 01:03 AM

What are you on about?

All 28 countries that a members of the EU trade with each other and the rest of the world under the umbrella of EU regulations

However, the 28 countries are not all clones and have different industries and their own internal regulations and capabilities.

We are currently trading under EU regulations and the only negative is the uncertainty caused by Brexit

Germany is doing less well than the UK due to a greater reliance on the automotive industry and the downturn in sales of diesel cars and their general lack of development of alternatives powered vehicles

The UK is heavily reliant on services which have unrestricted access into the EU whilst we are still a member.

Most prognosis’s indicate that when we leave the EU out economy will decline, the extent being determined by what type of Brexit terms we leave under

The only winners if we leave on 31 October will be the super rich mates of Johnson & Farage who have already shorted the pound hence Johnson’s desperation to leave without a deal even if it means breaking the law.

The UK trades more with countries outside the EU. We dont need the EU we are the least integrated in the single market.

Your talking out of your arse.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
My assertion was that uks wages stagnated and even went
backwards after joining eu Solly! I believe the minimum
wage was a means to keep wages down not up?? so l
discount from my arguments!!!
Regards Donkeyman!
No Assman you can't blame the EU for that. I remember that fool Macmillan telling the nation that they'd never had it so good yet when my family went overseas for our holidays in the 50s we were the poor people of Europe with our £50 allowance and old car (and we were a very middle class family in the UK).

In the mid 60s I went to Australia for the first time and discovered that everybody was better off (that is not to say that Australia wasn't a bit like travelling back in time in those days). 90% of the population either owned their own home or were buying their own home, everybody had a phone line compared to the 5 - 10% planning fill in the UK and most people had at least one new(ish) car.

It was these events that woke me up to the idea that in Britain we had been lied to about our prosperity and place in the world. This was reinforced by events in the late 60s and early 70s when I was back working in the UK for a few years.

In the late 80s I returned to the UK after over a decade away and could not believe the drabness, filth and poverty I saw on what was a brief visit of a couple of months. I couldn't leave quick enough frankly. (That was under Thatcher's reign)

It is true to say that Britain is a wealthy country but that wealth is not shared by the majority of the population and I don't think that has changed that much to this day. You only have to look at the figures for housing and living conditions to see this is still true.

I have said this before - I don't blame or criticise the British people but they have been misled, lied to, mistreated and badly governed by upper class donkeys at least since the Second World War.
Banchory
Kent

15-09-2019, 06:36 AM

The UK trades more with countries outside the EU. We dont need the EU we are the least integrated in the single market.

Your talking out of your arse.
Yes but we are currently trading under EU rules and tariffs which are obviously not hindering trade as you keep saying how well the UK economy currently is whilst giving protection to our own domestic suppliers

That we have never fully engaged with Europe whilst still deriving significant benefits just supports the folly of leaving the single market in pursuit of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow which As Liam Fox discovered, doesn’t exist

You keep spouting the same old crap from Brexit Central and the various alt right sites you frequent but your words betray you and it’s clear that you don’t really know what you are talking about

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top