Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:16 PM

Re: 52/48 but we were lied to.

Who will be the first to take a step back?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Of course I know that it the same question I asked the Brexit party campaigners I came across at the weekend and whether they voted for Farage to lead the party in a democratic election or was he a self proclaimed leader
They claimed they were members and showed me cards to prove it

Seems that they are paying in £100 a month into Fromages company. That’s £1,200 a year!

10,00 “members” and Fromage is raking in £12,000,000 a year

So your not a member then?
Wheres my answers ?

Instead of sneering about those who support democracy you should take note of the public opinion outside you nice house with its various out buildings and walk in pantry. If you took you snobby nose out the guardian once in a while you might see the reality of public opinion.

Your principles are as broken as your arguments
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:27 PM

Strange how both Solasch and Banchory seem to make more typos the more frantically they post, you'd almost suspect they're the same person.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Strange how both Solasch and Banchory seem to make more typos the more frantically they post, you'd almost suspect they're the same person.
In caseyou're looking for theword. It iscalled paranoia.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
My typos are due to an iPhone XS that seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to intuitive text

The intuitive text is far less intrusive on my iMac and iPad
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Wheres my answers ?

Instead of sneering about those who support democracy you should take note of the public opinion outside you nice house with its various out buildings and walk in pantry. If you took you snobby nose out the guardian once in a while you might see the reality of public opinion.

You seem not to understand that the UK is a Representative (indirect) Democracy.
An advisory referendum does not change that

Notwithstanding what you may think Individuals are not bound in law to agree with the result of a referendum which is why Eurosceptics were free to voice their opinions as am I. That is true democracy although you seem not to understand thst

Public opinion where l live is changing, and quite a few of my friends and neighbours who voted to leave are now regretting that decision. One was made redundant last week along a couple of others as the company he works for had lost some key customers from Europe who made a decision to source from the mainland.

That said there are also plenty who haven’t and the latest topic they keep citing is the Lisbon Treaty and all its supposed ills. However they all seem not to have read the actual Treaty and have believed the fake news synopsis doing the rounds on social media. I wonder how many leavers on this forum also believe it

It is ironic that Farage who calls the E.U. undemocratic sets up a political party that is anything but and just seems to be a cash cow

I have no problem with being a part of the E.U. the UK has a privileged position with opt outs not available to others. The only problem is that the UK has never fully engaged in European politics and therefore never realised the full benefits it could have from membership

You need to get over your home envy problems. I can assure you that maintaining a medieval house is not an easy or cheap undertaking
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

17-09-2019, 08:11 AM

Wheres my answers ?

I’m pleased to see that the faithful on this forum are adhering to the Brexit HQ guidance:
1) Make sure you accuse anyone against a hard no deal exit as being part of the wealthy elite. They won’t be but sling out terms such as monied, London, posh, expensive anything (watch, suit, car, house). It’s important you try to make them look like they are in it for personal benefit. Ignore the obvious irony of this tactic.
2) Find a way to imply intellectual snobbery as well. When they use fact based evidence and opinions of experts then directly accuse them of trying to be clever. The Brexit mantra is gut instinct and ingrained passion. Be clear, we have no time for smart cleverness. Again, imply from this that remain supporters are only a tiny elite.
3) Never stop referring to the will of the people and the clear majority. Imply this is for a hard no deal exit. Ignore the fact it was not. Use above two tactics to denegrade any reasoned argument.
4) Always refer to Mr Johnson as Boris. It’s not his name but it makes him sound nice, bit of a buffoon and probably a decent chap. Neither part of the wealthy elite (err) nor the intellectual elite (ok, safe on that one).
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You seem not to understand that the UK is a Representative (indirect) Democracy.
An advisory referendum does not change that

Notwithstanding what you may think Individuals are not bound in law to agree with the result of a referendum which is why Eurosceptics were free to voice their opinions as am I. That is true democracy although you seem not to understand thst

Public opinion where l live is changing, and quite a few of my friends and neighbours who voted to leave are now regretting that decision. One was made redundant last week along a couple of others as the company he works for had lost some key customers from Europe who made a decision to source from the mainland.

That said there are also plenty who haven’t and the latest topic they keep citing is the Lisbon Treaty and all its supposed ills. However they all seem not to have read the actual Treaty and have believed the fake news synopsis doing the rounds on social media. I wonder how many leavers on this forum also believe it

It is ironic that Farage who calls the E.U. undemocratic sets up a political party that is anything but and just seems to be a cash cow

I have no problem with being a part of the E.U. the UK has a privileged position with opt outs not available to others. The only problem is that the UK has never fully engaged in European politics and therefore never realised the full benefits it could have from membership

You need to get over your home envy problems. I can assure you that maintaining a medieval house is not an easy or cheap undertaking
So you still think the referendum was a survey??? Stromh denial but little understanding....

And being a Democrat is accepting the result of a referendum even though you lost - something you refuse do.

Farage party is not a cash cow either thats just you repeating the guardian neespaper.. Do us all a favour and come up with something original and a your own work. Same old arguments and only other peoples opinions... yawn, yawn, yawn.

Your wasting my time there is nothing that you are posting that hasn't been answered time and time again.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-09-2019, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Maybe it is about time these LITTLE pathatic countries spoke up
Right on cue. Luxemburg just did yesterday. And, did you like it?
Banchory
Kent

17-09-2019, 11:51 AM

So you still think the referendum was a survey??? Stromh denial but little understanding....

And being a Democrat is accepting the result of a referendum even though you lost - something you refuse do.

Farage party is not a cash cow either thats just you repeating the guardian neespaper.. Do us all a favour and come up with something original and a your own work. Same old arguments and only other peoples opinions... yawn, yawn, yawn.

Your wasting my time there is nothing that you are posting that hasn't been answered time and time again.
Oh dear

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
And
Wrong
on all four points, possibly a record for you

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top