Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:50 PM

Re: LibDems want to revoke Article 50.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Perhaps the lrish could learn to love each other Spud?
Then they could reunite! NO need for eu backstop??
Regards Donkeyman!!
Very true. They've always been up for a fight... with themselves!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
I'm not sure Ireland would accept the offer to be honest. It costs the UK something in the region of 9 billion a year to fund Northern Ireland. Irish tax payers are not going to be into that idea.

Both scenarios will lead to bloodshed. The Irish border is like an impossible puzzle which is why in the 3 years since the referendum there has been no solution. If the UK leave the EU the only solution is the backstop, but the DUP won't have that - hence the endless deadlock.
Well, so far the EU, the Republic, Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK have said catagorically there will be no hard border in Ireland. Yet, the backstop is there to avoid one.... ??? It doesn't make sense.

A max fac arrangement with checks away from the geographical borders would be the smart move and be compatible with the EU's own proposal under Smart Border 2.0.

Its all a big con.
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

18-09-2019, 10:25 PM

Its very simple. Boris and his fellow Faragists inform us that the referendum was a vote to take back control of our borders. They propose to do this by, er, avoiding any controls along our major land border with the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Its very simple. Boris and his fellow Faragists inform us that the referendum was a vote to take back control of our borders. They propose to do this by, er, avoiding any controls along our major land border with the EU.
Don't worry. We'll let in any goods that we want, and we'll let out any goods that the EU is willing to pay for.

People are a different matter!
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

18-09-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Don't worry. We'll let in any goods that we want, and we'll let out any goods that the EU is willing to pay for.

People are a different matter!
So we won't let in any goods we don't want.....that would be a border control then.
People are a different matter, they are covered by the Common Travel Area, which will be unaffected by leaving the EU. Apparently.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 10:48 PM

All these different threads, and law suits, and political confusion , I'm not sure I know what's happening any longer... BUT

This tonight ! Does it mean we are to be kicked out ? I hope so. That will put paid to all the scheming two bit politicians who consider themselves to good to follow the democratic vote of the people .

Does it really mean we will be kicked out ?????

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2019/09/vo...kxSR4J5i7osGLU

Boris Johnson has reportedly been issued a new deadline ultimatum by French president Emmanuel Macron and Finnish PM Antti Rinne in Paris today
It is not yet clear whether other European leaders back the deadline.

Mr Macron is reportedly setting a 12-day deadline for Boris to find a new Brexit plan and to submit an alternative deal. If he fails to do so, the UK will leave with no-deal on the 31st of October.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-09-2019, 10:59 PM

So we won't let in any goods we don't want.....that would be a border control then.
People are a different matter, they are covered by the Common Travel Area, which will be unaffected by leaving the EU. Apparently.
I'd be perfectly happy to get rid of the Common Travel Area, for the reasons I stated earlier.

As for goods, yes we can let them in if the seller's country is prepared to pay our tariffs!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-09-2019, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
All these different threads, and law suits, and political confusion , I'm not sure I know what's happening any longer... BUT

This tonight ! Does it mean we are to be kicked out ? I hope so. That will put paid to all the scheming two bit politicians who consider themselves to good to follow the democratic vote of the people .

Does it really mean we will be kicked out ?????

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2019/09/vo...kxSR4J5i7osGLU

Boris Johnson has reportedly been issued a new deadline ultimatum by French president Emmanuel Macron and Finnish PM Antti Rinne in Paris today
It is not yet clear whether other European leaders back the deadline.

Mr Macron is reportedly setting a 12-day deadline for Boris to find a new Brexit plan and to submit an alternative deal. If he fails to do so, the UK will leave with no-deal on the 31st of October.
I've never heard of 'Political Uk' so I'm not sure of the veracity of that article.

If true, though, I shall be joining at least another 17.4 million people on 31 October celebrating the end of this bloody pantomime.

Then I shall be very careful of who I vote for at the next GE and hope that others do the same, especially those in the constituencies presently represented by traitors.
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

18-09-2019, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

As for goods, yes we can let them in if the seller's country is prepared to pay our tariffs!
So you'll be blocking them at the border if the Tariffs haven't been paid.....only I'm sure Boris told us there would be no border controls. Or is that another of his porkies?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-09-2019, 11:31 PM

So you'll be blocking them at the border if the Tariffs haven't been paid.....only I'm sure Boris told us there would be no border controls. Or is that another of his porkies?
I won't be doing anything. The system of tariffs has yet to be agreed with the EU, should they want to trade with us. The only think I'd hope for is that if they impose high tariffs on us, we reciprocate!

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top