Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 06:19 PM

Do You Ever Miss ‘How it Used To Be’?

This could apply to your personal life that has changed, or just life generally.
I think this will be a thought provoking question...

So l ask, Do You Ever Miss, How It Used To Be?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 06:34 PM

Re: Do You Ever Miss ‘How it Used To Be’?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This could apply to your personal life that has changed, or just life generally.
I think this will be a thought provoking question...

So l ask, Do You Ever Miss How It Used To Be?
I'd like to go back to the days when my memory was good enough to let me work out where I left my wallet, or whatever. I spend ages looking for things I put down somewhere!

To the time when I could chose what to wear, without my offspring saying "you're not going out in that, are you?"

To the time when one of them did not go through my fridge, my food cupboards, etc., checking out sell by dates and chucking away stuff with whole days life left in them.

To the time when they didn't ask "what did you buy that for?"

They do their best - but I'm saving up for a shotgun!

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 07:30 PM

Do You Ever Miss ‘How it Used To Be’?

... good times, happy memories, that's important.

I'm now an old foggie in a young person's world, surviving nicely thank you. It's not the world I know & love, but I'm not the young man with a future I once was.

Twenty first century ... it's new and it's exciting and I'm pleased to be here.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 07:37 PM

I,d like to go back to the days when my children called us Mum and Dad and not The old man and the old woman.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 07:50 PM

Maybe all of us oldies should form a group and give ourselves a special name.

For example - "The Supreme Court"

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 09:40 PM

Great question Ms Artangel. What is the word limit for my answer? Yes I do. More and more. These are the things that I miss the most. A list is most economical I think. :-

Music that was just that. Played by a bunch of people with instruments. NOt electronic machines.

Being able to tune and service my car myself without needing a degree in computing science.

Having a product repaired instead of throwing it away.

Speaking to a person on the phone instead of a computer

Going to work on a steam ferry

Strolling through a city of beautiful sandstone instead of a massive forest of steel, glass and concrete. (Although a lot of the sandstone buildings are still there thankfully)

Being able to simply enjoy being a gentleman with a lady without being accused of having an "ulterior motive"

There are a hundred others but!. Then I think about the amazing little machine implanted in my chest that keeps my heart on track and "talks" to my cardiologist via the internet if anything goes wrong; or listen to and see the incredible achievements of our young people in science, medicine, sport, the arts and all the other wondrous things that I am lucky enough to have survived to see, I feel hopeful and enjoy exactly where I am in time. No choice but to really.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 09:56 PM

It is good, glamourizing the inevitable, it ain't that bad tough, so far.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 10:08 PM

Yes I miss my simple life where I was just a humble housewife looking after our dogs. I used to walk for hours and hours at a time going for ultra long walks through the forest. I miss the days when I used to play the piano and sing. I miss making all my meals from scratch.
I miss the serenity and peacefulness I once had.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 10:26 PM

Sometimes you think about Rose Gardens, and sometimes you think about Warts, tricky one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 10:56 PM

I miss being young. I wonder sometimes are the young feeling as happy as I did at their age. I think life was easier twenty to thirty years ago. Perhaps it just seems that way?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top