Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 06:22 PM

Re: Sick of social media and search engines and other dumbing down processes

Originally Posted by galty ->
Thanks for the link.

You still can learn something new even at my age.
Elsewhere I found:

https://usaestaonline.com/esta-questions#esta-questions

If you do choose to answer this question, your details are kept on record for 3 years and then stored in archives for an extra 12 years. During this time, law enforcement agencies can access it and share it with other countries as they see fit.

Nevertheless, the question is there, so now that you are armed with this information, you can choose whether or not you answer it!
"You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Have you visited America before?
No. Does that matter?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 08:48 PM

I think the questions on the ESTA form are a brilliant idea and should be adopted here and should be made compulsory, anyone found holding back information should be denied entry into the country.

Terrorists have been using the internet to co-ordinate operations through networks and should be monitored.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think the questions on the ESTA form are a brilliant idea and should be adopted here and should be made compulsory, anyone found holding back information should be denied entry into the country.

Terrorists have been using the internet to co-ordinate operations through networks and should be monitored.
I agree completely, Bob.
I've seen the form but haven't ordered them yet. I'll wait until I book the holiday next month first then sort out all the other stuff.

These few gloom-laden detractors on this forum don't bother me. Me and the OH are very much looking forward to our holiday and we will enjoy it I'm sure. There's nothing that some miseries on here will do to put us off. How about they wish us a nice time instead?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 09:29 PM

You'll have a great time, most Americans are very friendly. Just watch that the immigration officers have zero sense of humour, while working anyway.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 09:34 PM

I agree with Ray Floydy, you'll have a brilliant time and I was surprised how welcoming and friendly all the Americans that we met were....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-09-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
You'll have a great time, most Americans are very friendly. Just watch that the immigration officers have zero sense of humour, while working anyway.
Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree with Ray Floydy, you'll have a brilliant time and I was surprised how welcoming and friendly all the Americans that we met were....
Thanks guys
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I agree completely, Bob.
I've seen the form but haven't ordered them yet. I'll wait until I book the holiday next month first then sort out all the other stuff.

These few gloom-laden detractors on this forum don't bother me. Me and the OH are very much looking forward to our holiday and we will enjoy it I'm sure. There's nothing that some miseries on here will do to put us off. How about they wish us a nice time instead?
It could be, I don't know that, taking a well earned break is now very complicated, just sayin.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-09-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It could be, I don't know that, taking a well earned break is now very complicated, just sayin.
What do you mean, Spitty? I don't follow
Why should it be complicated?
I've just about had enough now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 10:15 PM

This thread seems to be suggesting that there is extra form filling than previously required.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top