Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 04:33 PM

What sort of Country do you want?

Hi

We are soon to leave the EU.

What sort of Country do you want us to be?

My own views are quite radical.

I no longer want us to be World Player, none of this punching above our weight nonsense.

No more sticking our noses in things which have nothing to do with us.

We need to stop sticking our necks out and leave that to the emerging Big Players.

I want Trident to go, a much simpler land based system in it's place.

It is not our deterrent, we cannot launch on our own, the Americans control the missiles.

I want our overseas aid budget slashed to a minimum, genuine natural disasters only.

I want to stop all our Vanity Projects, like HS2.

I want to control Immigration, and train our own Doctors and Nurses again.

I want Government contracts to be awarded here in the UK, I want the selling off of our vital infrastructure and companies to foreign investers to stop.

I want the simple things, trains to run on time, NHS to be improved.

I want to buy back all the PFI systems, costing us a mint.

I want huge changes to the Taxation System and a separate Pension Fund set up.

I want MPs to be full time, not have other jobs as well.

In other words, I want life to be better for ordinary people.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Re: What sort of Country do you want?

Huh maybe a tad tongue-in-cheek ...

I'd like to see the EU, as we know it, collapse. Offices in Brussels & Strasbourg put to better use.

The UK will pick up the pieces. We are leaders of empires. The new union will be based in London: a trading block, but more importantly, a peace-keeping association with the purpose of achieving political and economic integration. Except Britain would retain the £ while "the block" would adopt the Novo Euro with its Central Bank in Canary Wharf.

London will expand eastward into the Thames Estuary. The world's biggest airport will be built on a manmade island midway between Clacton and Margate with motorway links to various european capitals.

William will become King of England & Emperor of The Block.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 05:51 PM

All women to love me
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 07:20 PM

A peaceful one.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I no longer want us to be World Player, none of this punching above our weight nonsense.

We need to stop sticking our necks out and leave that to the emerging Big Players.

It is not our deterrent, we cannot launch on our own, the Americans control the missiles.

I want our overseas aid budget slashed to a minimum, genuine natural disasters only.

I want Government contracts to be awarded here in the UK, I want the selling off of our vital infrastructure and companies to foreign investers to stop.

Gets my vote I'd add improve state schools so private schools are no longer needed.
Originally Posted by realspeed ->
All women to love me
I think most of us already do !
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Only one thing l would change there Swimmy?
No nuclear deterent at all? It is no good if you arent bprepared
to use it!
Otherwise l would vote for you!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Gets my vote I'd add improve state schools so private schools are no longer needed.

I think most of us already do !
Yes Julie, Swimmy must definitely include your addition to
his list!!

Regards Donkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 08:43 PM

My ideal country post Brexit is one where we all go back to living in caves, hunt for our food and disinvent the wheel. Innovation and trade has brought nothing but trouble. Until this dream becomes a reality it's best to just stay in the house with the curtains drawn. After all, who needs the real world!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Only one thing l would change there Swimmy?
No nuclear deterent at all? It is no good if you arent bprepared
to use it!
Otherwise l would vote for you!!

Regards Donkeyman!
We can also send back that shiny new aircraft carrier. It can be melted down to make mich needed spears.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:09 PM

I want the NHS to be like it used to be where you weren't waiting MONTHS for a consultant appointment, where no one waits on trolley beds in hospital corridors, where the waiting time to be seen in A & E isn't 6 and more hours and where we can get to see a doctor quickly without having to worry whether or not there are any appointments left.

I want more money so the force can recruit more police. I want the police, paramedics, doctors, nurses etc to be respected once again.

I want the hard drug dealers dealt with appropriately and be given very STIFF sentences.

I want tighter border control and immigration rules

I want everyone who lives in England to be able to speak English

I want to not have to worry when I'm going to work whether or not my home will be burgled.

I want foreign aid cut and stopped completely in countries that are already rich and the money spent in our own infrastructure

I want the pension age reduced to 60 for both men and women so at least some may have some kind of life before they die. Instead they are putting the pension age up more and more hoping people will pop their clogs before they can claim any pension at all.

I want to not have to live in fear of my 86 year old father walking down the street and worrying in case he gets mugged.

I want to live without fearing that some suicide bomber may cause yet more devastation

I want the burka banned, it offends me as I see it as a sign of oppression.

I want to go to my local market and feel like I am in Britain instead of feeling like a stranger in my own country

I want Brexit to go through

I want Britain to be great again.

I do NOT want Sharia law in this country

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top