Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Re: Holiday happy

Two weeks to go!!! ....... and still counting!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Two weeks to go!!! ....... and still counting!!!
Me too Joe - but trying NOT to count the days until September 1st!!!! stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 05:56 PM

Martin matey, I go before you, staying at hotel at the airport on Monday night (29th Aug) and flying out early on Tuesday morning (30th). By this time will already have eaten my dinner and be sipping cocktails on the patio of the hotel where the evening entertainment is.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Martin matey, I go before you, staying at hotel at the airport on Monday night (29th Aug) and flying out early on Tuesday morning (30th). By this time will already have eaten my dinner and be sipping cocktails on the patio of the hotel where the evening entertainment is.
That's great Joe - we did that last year at Gatwick.
Brilliant and worth every penny because we checked-in the night before so just strolled in at our leisure the next morning.

Cutting back a bit this year as we are going self-catering but it's a 7 o'clock take off and 25 minute transfer at the other end so we'll be there and settled-in by one o'clock, giving us time to whizz over to the supermarket on the doorstep!
Hope you enjoy Paphos - let us all know when you come back. I envy the thought of seeing those mosaics! We saw some in Tossa de Mar last year but not a patch on Paphos!!! stevmk2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Uncle Joe and Martin, I hope you both have a wonderful holiday with good weather...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 08:25 PM

I also hope the pair of you have a great time, and behave yourselves.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

18-08-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I also hope the pair of you have a great time, and behave yourselves.

Who me??? - you have to be kidding!!! - I am the devil incarnate!!! - besides which since I'm on an 'all inclusive' deal, the hotel serves buffet meals, which means you take your plate and walk along the line of trays of food and help yourself to whatever is on offer. One can also return for seconds, thirds etc, etc. Then there's the carafe of wines with both lunch and dinner, the mid-morning sandwiches for those who can't wait till lunch-time, the afternoon ice cream parlour and the cocktails in the evening during a full entertainment programme. Oh and I forgot the free drinks the waiters bring you whilst laying on the sun loungers soaking up the sun.

I think I will need an Airbus A380 all to myself to get me back!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2011, 01:08 PM

I only hope the weight watchers don't see that post Joe.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

18-08-2011, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I only hope the weight watchers don't see that post Joe.
I don't care if they do matey - not as if they can get at me 1500 miles away is it. Besides which I'm out to enjoy myself.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 02:30 PM

both places look great, wouldnt mind going to either of them myself.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top