Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 10:00 PM

Re: Where the Hell Are The Fjords Anyway

oh my goodness, these photos are FABULOUS. Thank you for sharing, this cruise is only something I can dream about right now but these pictures enhance my dream. Wonderful, just wonderful
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oh my goodness, these photos are FABULOUS. Thank you for sharing, this cruise is only something I can dream about right now but these pictures enhance my dream. Wonderful, just wonderful
Thanks Lion Queen, everything comes to her who waits....x...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 10:17 PM

Lovely pictures and wonderful memories of your holiday Bob.

Your notes to each photo made it so much easier to follow you through your holiday, so thank you for that.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 11:24 PM

OGF, your travel log is thoroughly enjoyable and the scenery is absolutely gorgeous.

Cruise-wise, I have to say that I agree with you about concerns of these massive ships unloading all at once at ports from the Caribbean to the Mediterranean, the pressure just seems to much both ecologically and on the communities.

That said, I could lean all day on those railings and would revel in the geological formation of the place, hoping to spy a bird, fish, or some fascinating passenger on deck worth watching. Is there a naturalist on board doing lectures?

The similarity between these fjords is is many ways similar to the west coast of Canada and Alaska, but the similarity ends there. The architecture and villages look charming and I am sure it must have been delightful just to stand still and take it all in. Standing in those crowds ten deep, not so much.

Thank you for the photos. Truly spectacular - and you look great too!

Oh, and now you know why was call Starbucks "Fivebucks" over here.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 06:06 PM

The fjords are something else breathtaking arnt they.

here is one of your photos in video from the Flam waterfall stop

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 08:33 PM

That's brilliant Realspeed, very impressive.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The fjords are something else breathtaking arnt they.

here is one of your photos in video from the Flam waterfall stop

WOW that's some waterfall
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-06-2019, 11:26 AM

On Tuesday evening we left Flam and sailed down the deep water Fjord of Sagnefjorden, some 1500 metres deep apparently...As the last vestiges of land disappeared we set about enjoying ship life and some fine dining in the Oriental restaurant. Some people found it difficult to sleep as it never really got dark, I never had such problems and the ship sailed through the night oblivious to me....

Upon reaching the North Sea the captain steered a course North to the beautiful picturesque port of Alesund....

Passing some beautiful scenery on the way....

Finally arriving in Alesund...

After securing the ship we made our way onto the dockside to join a pre-booked coach tour with a charming guide from Croatia?
The coach would pause briefly to allow photographs of the town, unfortunately the weather wasn't ideal for my little point and shoot camera.....

On the previous two photos you will notice a viewpoint at the top of a small hill, after being driven on a hair raising journey to the summit, the next photo was taken from the top....Please allow for the shaking hand....

I liked Alesund, they had an infinity with the British. Which is not surprising when you consider that half the population of Northern Britain originated here after they raped and pillaged the indigenous Yorkies, now it's our turn....Only joking, and of all the sail away parties I've attended over the years, this was certainly the best send off I've ever experienced.........Lump in the throat stuff......

And finally the Alesund Pilot leaves the Azura.......Goodbye Alesund...

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:52 PM

OGF was here. w got the bus up to the lookout

yes that Fireboat was something else, I did video it as well .
Did you take any videos as well as stills?

Did you get to see the Briksdal Gacier? if not I did a quick video of it as well. The ice is supposed to be 1000 years old to get as far as this

Yes leaving Norway was hard such a beautiful place , must go back some time soon
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 07:48 AM

Bit late with this Bob (having been away myself), but those photos are wonderful. I'd love to go on that cruise myself but my wife won't sail anywhere unfortunately.

Pleased you both enjoyed a good holiday

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top