Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 07:49 PM

Re: Cori Gauff

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I enjoyed watching that.

She's good.
Something changed didn't it. It is the first time I have seen one of her matches and I couldn't understand how she managed to beat Williams, then all of a sudden (at match point) she started playing like a champ.

All on serve at the moment.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Something changed didn't it. It is the first time I have seen one of her matches and I couldn't understand how she managed to beat Williams, then all of a sudden (at match point) she started playing like a champ.

All on serve at the moment.
Shes certainly one to watch in the future!

Regards Donkeyman!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 10:27 PM

She's brilliant, let's hope she doesn't burn herself out being so young...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
She's brilliant, let's hope she doesn't burn herself out being so young...
John McEnroe made the same comment, Mags. He fears too much exposure. He thinks she has got far enough in this tournament and does not expect her to reach the 1/4 final, as she plays Simona Halep today.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 02:58 PM

Coco is playing no 2 seed Simona Halep now .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Coco is playing no 2 seed Simona Halep now .
She's lost in straight sets but she's young and has plenty of time to get experience. On the plus side, she walks away with £176,000 for getting so far.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 08:56 AM

According to the BBC, yesterday at Wimbledon was 'all about Gauff.' No it wasn't, there were some great matches yesterday, Gauff's match not being one of them. I'm sure she will be back next year and I'm sure she will win Wimbledon at some point in the future but I hope this is not turned into a colour thing. I see Michelle Obama congratulated her the other day but didn't see her congratulate any of the other American players.

Apart from that she looks a bit surly to me but no doubt she will do well.

I felt sorry for the guy playing Federer yesterday, he just couldn't get a look in and in the end even he had to laugh at the mis-match. Still, he probably got a ton of money for losing so it 's not all bad.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top