Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 02:34 PM

I'd like your thoughts please.

I have two little problems I would appreciate others opinion on if you will, please.

Question One. I wasn't very well last week, and by Friday finally managed to get a GP appointment.
Unfortunately, it was with a Doctor I had put in a complaint about earlier this year, which was a little awkward.
Anyway, he gave me two sorts of meds to take.

I felt so rough, I didn't notice until later that evening that the twit had given me a med. that I react badly to. It made me very poorly a few years ago, and was quite clearly put on my medical rercords as I am not to have it as I get an allergic reaction.

I decided to try one just incase it didn't have the same bad affect it did before and everything seemed alright. By the time I took the second one next day, I started feeling bad so stopped taking it.
The thing is, that could have been dangerous him giving me something which is marked clearly on my records that I am not supposed to have.

So what would you do about it - if anything?

Question 2.

A chap was coming to put me a new roof on my small kitchen extension in August.
A couple of days before he was due to start, I text him and said I would appreciate knowing what time he was likely to be here.

He replied that he wasn't coming!
He has an old hand injury and is waiting to know if he has got to go back into hospital.

I never heard again. So thought perhaps he was in hospital. I left it a few more days and text to ask if everything was alright, but received no reply.
Left it a few more days and text again. Still no reply.

I didn't know what to do, as I wanted this roof done before the bad weather sets in, and he was giving me no idea on what was happening, or whether he could even do the job still.

A few days afterwards I received a text from him, apologising, and saying he hadn't had his phone on as he was on holiday in Croatia!!
He said he'd ring me when he's back in about another 10 days.

Now here is the problem.
I feel terribly let down, and if I'm honest, Yes - I feel angry too.
He must have known he had a holiday booked, so why didn't he just tell me that?

If I wait for him to come back, and his hand is still bad, I have waited for nothing.
If I don't wait, it means I will have to start from the beginning again and try to find someone else who can do it quite quickly and I can trust to do a good job.

The most difficult part is, he is a friend and I'd hate to fall out over it, but I am not happy with how I've been treated.

What would you do?
Wait, or go elsewhere?
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:00 PM

Re: I'd like your thoughts please.

1 . As there’s history with you and this particular GP .
If it was me I wouldn’t want to speak directly to the doctor .
I would ring the surgery and inform the receptionist you’d like to speak to the practice manager. If not available you will get a call back .

2 How very annoying , I think I would ring round to try and get another roofer, it does give you another option.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:05 PM

Hi Mups

On the first I would report the GP. Mistakes like that can't go unrecorded. They could have had serious consequences for you and other patients of his.

On the roof business, maybe you could gently let your builder/friend know you can't delay the project and that you are going to get other quotes. It kinda sounds he is not altogether anxious to take on the job and may be relieved if it is awarded to another builder.

Just my thoughts.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:14 PM

Thank you very much, Ripple and Besoeker.

Sometimes we have these things niggling away at us, and not sure which way to handle it.

Thanks again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:16 PM

Hi Mups

Question 1. i would report him, particularly as you have had problems with him before. here is a link about how to go about it.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-or-gp-surgery

Question 2. Simply get someone else to do it. The fact that he is a friend has nothing to do with it, in fact, if he is a friend he should be giving you special treatment not lying to you. Just text him back and say that you need to get this done quickly and will be going elsewhere as you don't wish to put pressure on him regarding his 'old' hand injury. It sounds to me that he no longer wants to do the job anyway for some reason.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:19 PM

What does your gut tell you?
If it were me I'd certainly speak to the Practice Manager about the Doctor....He could have killed you for heavens sake. You must not see him again.
The roofer is easy, Tradesmen are excellent at letting people down.....Get another one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
If it were me I'd certainly speak to the Practice Manager about the Doctor....He could have killed you for heavens sake. You must not see him again.
The roofer is easy, Tradesmen are excellent at letting people down.....Get another one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-09-2019, 03:25 PM

You do need to make it official though Mups because if you just tell the surgery, they will probably just close ranks and fob you off. (I watch 'Doctors' you know).

I once went to an Indian doctor who was seconds away from injecting me with nothing but fresh air. Fatal! It was only because they do that last minute squirty bit with the needle that he realised that he had not put anything in it. I should have reported him but I was young and naive. A few years later however, I heard that he had been struck off.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Hi Mups

On the first I would report the GP. Mistakes like that can't go unrecorded. They could have had serious consequences for you and other patients of his.

On the roof business, maybe you could gently let your builder/friend know you can't delay the project and that you are going to get other quotes. It kinda sounds he is not altogether anxious to take on the job and may be relieved if it is awarded to another builder.

Just my thoughts.
I agree with both of these answers.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:31 PM

If it were me I'd certainly speak to the Practice Manager about the Doctor....He could have killed you for heavens sake.
I would put the facts in writing. And, obviously keep a copy of it.

You must not see him again.
Better still, register with a new practice.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top