Join for free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 05:46 PM

We will never leave (Benn's bill)

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/no-de...-law-10711993/

Looks like it's over folks. Any deal now will be dictated by EU.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 05:51 PM

Re: We will never leave (Benn's bill)

What a waste of 3 bloody years.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Looks like it's over folks. Any deal now will be dictated by EU.
From the Metro:

"This means it would be illegal for the UK to leave the European Union without a Brexit deal"

I can not personally see how this is legal.

The Lisbon Treaty to which we have signed up clearly states in the articles that we may leave with a deal or without a deal.

We are bound by EU Law and by that treaty.

UK law does not supersede EU Law.

One of the key reasons people want to be out.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 06:24 PM

No matter what happens Cinderella and Lion Queen, the General Election WILL eventually come, and when it does, we can give our answer to everything that has happened, en-masse.

I can almost guarantee you will be seeing dozens of new faces in Parliament, a lot of them Brexit Party MP's if Boris now holds a General Election IN THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER. If that was his plan all along, we aren't stupid, without the no-deal now being no part of any negotiations. Boris will have had his one chance with already doubting Leave voters, and blown it.

Nigel will put forward well over 600 candidates in every constituency in any general election. People will see that the Tory Government were not capable of delivering the Brexit that they promised us, we are certainly not going to put our faith in Boris before we leave on 31st and vote for him! God only knows what deal he would be putting through if we voted the Tories back in, and we would be unable to stop him.

No, my vote will be going to the Brexit Party in the General Election and I hope every other leave voter will do the same. They are the only party that can ever be trusted.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
No, my vote will be going to the Brexit Party in the General Election and I hope every other leave voter will do the same. They are the only party that can ever be trusted.
Not that simple. You need to vote tactically to ensure a combined Tory/BP Leave government.

They can always revisit the Bill's that have been voted for again. You need to vote to keep out Labour and Lib Dems.

You may need to vote Tory to do that. Depends on your constituency.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
UK law does not supersede EU Law.

One of the key reasons people want to be out.
Doesn't this prove to you the UK is still a sovereign country? Is it now beginning to dawn on you there is no need to leave to obtain that?

But to help you. Membership of the EU is based on international law, so on these matters the EU law supercedes. The actions of your pm are subject to national law. UK law says it is illegal for the pm to strive for a no deal brexit. The EU law has nothing to do with that.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

09-09-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Membership of the EU is based on international law,
Our membership is governed by the Lisbon Treaty end of.

It states clearly we may walk way.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
No matter what happens Cinderella and Lion Queen, the General Election WILL eventually come, and when it does, we can give our answer to everything that has happened, en-masse.

I can almost guarantee you will be seeing dozens of new faces in Parliament, a lot of them Brexit Party MP's if Boris now holds a General Election IN THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER. If that was his plan all along, we aren't stupid, without the no-deal now being no part of any negotiations. Boris will have had his one chance with already doubting Leave voters, and blown it.

Nigel will put forward well over 600 candidates in every constituency in any general election. People will see that the Tory Government were not capable of delivering the Brexit that they promised us, we are certainly not going to put our faith in Boris before we leave on 31st and vote for him! God only knows what deal he would be putting through if we voted the Tories back in, and we would be unable to stop him.

Thanks to boris it is now impossible to have a GE mid october. The HoC is now prorogued till october 15. If on it's first sitting day a vote no confidence is tabled, and it is accepted, there is a 14 day window in which corbynnhas the chance to form a interim government. You can bet he will get the support needed for that. He will start negotiations with the EU.
Nigel will have to wait for his chance.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-09-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Our membership is governed by the Lisbon Treaty end of.

It states clearly we may walk way.
Yes, you may, with or without a deal. Your government has to make a choice for either. Your law now stipulates that it is illegal for your government to go without a deal. So your pm has to ask for an extension.

Mind you, international law, article 50 of the lisbon treaty, says that the extension need to be granted by the EU.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:26 PM

Hi

We must leave, anything else is a travesty.

I think no deal is absolutely stupid.

It will be a nightmare.

It is infinitely better than overturning the Referendum.

The ordinary people, me and you, voted leave.

We have to leave.

We may be little people, but we count.
it is better than

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top