Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Re: Boris says No

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Doesn't the biggest party after an election put forward the pm?
That wasn't the question.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don't know what Boris is playing at. He has had the manure thrown at him all last week. He has endured humiliation like no other Prime Minister, yet he is still adamant in saying that he does not want to do what those Turds will do without exception - tactical voting - because he thinks he has all of the public on his side as the Brexit Champion.

I'm afraid this is all very likely just another nefarious plot to stop BrExit. May played her part, told us that BrExit meant BrExit and that No Deal is better than Bad Deal. She blatantly lied to us and doesn't give a damn about it. She is working for the EU and was doing what she was told to do.

There is every chance Boris is doing the same. He's spinning the same promises but appears powerless to deliver any of them.

The EU stooges have managed to get a Bill through to block No Deal (the only way we ever get to truly leave).

Their next real threat is a General Election in which the nation votes in a majority goverment of Tory and BrExit Party MPs.

So they will most assuredly be taking steps to ensure that doesn't happen. I wonder if Boris is attempting to bring disrepute to the Tory party so that less people vote Tory and so that the BrExit Government is not the result of the election.

This whole thing is becoming really really serious. Parliament is working for the EU, not the UK people. It is becoming so blatant as to be utterly farcical. I honestly think this is the point at which the EU admit that the UK parliament was effectively abolished back in 2009 with the signing of the Lisbon Treaty.

I can't believe that so far no groups of BrExiteers have made any serious protests.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Does Farage want to be PM? When did he say that?
Farage has contested British parliamentary elections unsuccessfully for UKIP seven times, both before and after his election as an MEP in 1999. Being now the biggest party he would become pm if he succeeds to enter the HoC. He need not say he wants to become pm, his actions shout it.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 07:31 PM

Farage has contested British parliamentary elections unsuccessfully for UKIP seven times, both before and after his election as an MEP in 1999. Being now the biggest party he would become pm if he succeeds to enter the HoC. He need not say he wants to become pm, his actions shout it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 07:32 PM

But he hasn't actually said it.
I can wave my arms about all day long but it doesn't mean I want to be PM.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have an Election coming up.

The Opposition have formed a Coalition to stop Brexit.

Nigel Farage has offered Boris a Coalition to make sure Brext happens.

Boris has said NO.

What a prat.

Hmm. I think the two are very different. Froggage actually wants a chaotic no-deal and WTO terms as an end state. He wants us to leave the EU, go onto WTO terms, have the chaos including a food and medicine shortage and then rely on his great hero mate Donald Trump to come and save the day.

In the run up to the 2016 referendum his message was all about the 500 million foreign EU migrants who could just walk into the UK under the EU freedom of movement rules. (total lie but still not properly exposed). Now it seems he doesn't even want a border between UK and EU in Ireland. His policy is just pure populism but his aims are far more sinister that Boris the clown.

Of course he would be happy as PM but he knows he cannot with stand the scrutiny this would entail. Downing street is correct that he should not be let anywhere near to power and its unusual for me to agree with any Tories let alone this super right wing lot.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
But he hasn't actually said it.
I can wave my arms about all day long but it doesn't mean I want to be PM.
In your case I would think you were preparing to take of, flying. ( after you shared that piece of cake).
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 08:01 PM

Farage has just been on the Andrew Neil show, he does not wish to be Prime Minister (for those who mistakenly think he does) and he says Johnson didn't say 'no' to a none aggression pact with the Brexit party , some number 10 official said it and that is not quite the same.
All Farage wants is to get out of the EU .
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-09-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Farage has just been on the Andrew Neil show, he does not wish to be Prime Minister (for those who mistakenly think he does) and he says Johnson didn't say 'no' to a none aggression pact with the Brexit party , some number 10 official said it and that is not quite the same.
All Farage wants is to get out of the EU .
Thanks. I trust farage when he says that. Just as I believe his promise to go live abroad if brexit is a disaster.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don't know what Boris is playing at. He has had the manure thrown at him all last week. He has endured humiliation like no other Prime Minister, yet he is still adamant in saying that he does not want to do what those Turds will do without exception - tactical voting - because he thinks he has all of the public on his side as the Brexit Champion.

I think he is being rather foolish not to at least consider it. There is no way Nigel is aiming to be Prime Minister! This is the first I've heard of it. From what I have read, his sole aim is to get Brexit MP's in that bearpit.

I wish I knew what Boris's game is. Many of us are sitting at home thinking, how much more can he take? why is he just letting them walk all over him and his government? Not a good look with an election coming up. The way things are heading, more and more who would have sworn loyalty to Boris to get us through Brexit, will end up voting for the Brexit Party, simply through lack of trust in him ever succeeding. It's getting ridiculous.
Boris wants what he has always wanted, to be King of the World

And of course to leave without a deal as hedge funds that directly or indirectly bankrolled Boris’s leadership campaign have taken £4,563,350,000 of aggregate short positions on a ‘no deal’ Brexit

You could see the panic on his face when his plan backfired on him and the pound went up

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top