Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:46 PM

An Interesting EU FTA Discussion ...

I read this earlier today on Brexit Central and thought I would post on here as I think its a really well thought out article about the future trading relationships between the EU, the UK and the rest of the world.

The gist of it is that if the UK trades less with the EU year on year, it raises the question "is a comprehensive FTA really that important long term ?" and, because the UK trades more with the rest of the world where the rest of the 27 trade mostly between themselves, are we kind of "barking up the wrong tree" when it comes to our future trading relationship ? Furthermore, especially considering that there would be a net benefit in terms of tarrif duties per year of around 6 Billion in the UK's favour if we just left on WTO terms....

Have a read, I hope you enjoy it, there are some very interesting statistics in the article.

https://brexitcentral.com/no-deal-is...p-with-the-eu/
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 08:36 PM

Re: An Interesting EU FTA Discussion ...

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I read this earlier today on Brexit Central and thought I would post on here as I think its a really well thought out article about the future trading relationships between the EU, the UK and the rest of the world.

The gist of it is that if the UK trades less with the EU year on year, it raises the question "is a comprehensive FTA really that important long term ?" and, because the UK trades more with the rest of the world where the rest of the 27 trade mostly between themselves, are we kind of "barking up the wrong tree" when it comes to our future trading relationship ? Furthermore, especially considering that there would be a net benefit in terms of tarrif duties per year of around 6 Billion in the UK's favour if we just left on WTO terms....

Have a read, I hope you enjoy it, there are some very interesting statistics in the article.

Just read your link right thruogh Bread! and l was pleasantly
surprised to see its conclusions are 100% the same as my
own Donkeynomics which l developed over the last 4yrs!
The author certainly poses some serious questions over
the motives for the successive bad decisions made by our
EXPERTS who made these decisions?
Perhaps we should put enlarged copies of this article on
public display at prominent places all over uk??
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Just read your link right thruogh Bread! and l was pleasantly
surprised to see its conclusions are 100% the same as my
own Donkeynomics which l developed over the last 4yrs!
The author certainly poses some serious questions over
the motives for the successive bad decisions made by our
EXPERTS who made these decisions?
Perhaps we should put enlarged copies of this article on
public display at prominent places all over uk??
Regards Donkeyman!
What a shame that the intelligence of these two bright men isn't pitted against the negotiators of the EU. Boris should be made aware of this! Tip cummings, he knows how to best utilize their strategic value.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
What a shame that the intelligence of these two bright men isn't pitted against the negotiators of the EU. Boris should be made aware of this! Tip cummings, he knows how to best utilize their strategic value.
No critique on the article then Solly???
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 12:50 PM

No critique on the article then Solly???
Regards Donkeyman!
How about: sadly, the only thing this "research" makes "crystal clear" is the incompetence of its producers and the gullibility of those who are relying on it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-09-2019, 12:59 PM

How about: sadly, the only thing this "research" makes "crystal clear" is the incompetence of its producers and the gullibility of those who are relying on it.
Most of it born out by events AND statistics Solly!!
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-09-2019, 01:23 PM

Most of it born out by events AND statistics Solly!!
Regards Donkeyman!
I didnt look at the article honkey donk l interpretted your text?
However my assertion remains true!
Regards solasch!

To help you interpret my critique. Michael burrage is the man behind the gatt article 24 debacle, remember farage coming up with that? It was based on burrage's assertions.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Hi

As usual, a bunch of lies.

Leaving is important, No Deal is fantasy.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-09-2019, 03:36 PM

I didnt look at the article honkey donk l interpretted your text?
However my assertion remains true!
Regards solasch!

To help you interpret my critique. Michael burrage is the man behind the gatt article 24 debacle, remember farage coming up with that? It was based on burrage's assertions.
LOL Solly! Youve tickled my funny spot!
Im afraid gatt was before my time! but l still maintain that
events and statistics bear out the articles conclusions?
You have only ridiculed some previous statements of the
authors not given a critique on the current article??
When can l expect it, remember l like it simple!!
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-09-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

As usual, a bunch of lies.

Leaving is important, No Deal is fantasy.
Expand on what you say Swimmy??

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top