Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 05:38 PM

Re: Boris is bluffing.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Swim has the sense of reality to aknowledge the negative effects of brexit. He has done from the beginning. Many think that prosperity is awaiting post brexit. If anything, by brexit you gain the illusion of freedom to suffer austerity.
Your mass of average people were played by truth mongers, a historic problem all over the world.
Most people on here are average men/women and have worked & I am sure that most of us discussed the possibility of lean years with Swim before we voted.
As I have told you before, the majority who voted to leave had their own reasons, so very few listened to the people promoting a leave vote, we are all able to make our own decisions.
Why the hell do you care what happens on the UK anyway....or are you still desperate to hang on to the money that the UK put into the EU? If you are you must be feeling quite desperate now, because both out possible future PMs are saying we will leave!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Most people on here are average men/women and have worked & I am sure that most of us discussed the possibility of lean years with Swim before we voted.
As I have told you before, the majority who voted to leave had their own reasons, so very few listened to the people promoting a leave vote, we are all able to make our own decisions.
Why the hell do you care what happens on the UK anyway....or are you still desperate to hang on to the money that the UK put into the EU? If you are you must be feeling quite desperate now, because both out possible future PMs are saying we will leave!
You have not yet fully understood it seems. Regardless of what your pm- to-be says, you are out. That is international law. Only if you want to remain for a bit longer, you have to request it. Whether it will be honoured is everybody's guess. So your childish remarks about money only show your lack of understanding of your present situation.
Both jeremy corbyn and trump had an applicable description for it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 06:24 PM

You have not yet fully understood it seems. Regardless of what your pm- to-be says, you are out. That is international law. Only if you want to remain for a bit longer, you have to request it. Whether it will be honoured is everybody's guess. So your childish remarks about money only show your lack of understanding of your present situation.
Both jeremy corbyn and trump had an applicable description for it.
Solasch what is it that you are so afraid of? I have already said we are going to leave so i don't care what the EU decide. I fully understand what we are doing and even if we were given a chance I would not change my vote.

Did you know that people always resort to criticizing the poster when they recognize they are losing the argument? Why don't you accept that nobody is interested in your opinion because you are just an average man, who doesn't live here, yet thinks he knows what our own government don't know yet.
So tell me....
Are you feeling sorry for all the Brits because they may be a bit poorer for a while?

Were you planning on moving to the UK & will be unable to do so once we leave?

Or are you just somebody who likes the sound of his own voice when telling people they are making a mistake?

Believe me, if any other EU country were doing what I thought was a mistake, I have better things to do than waste time trying to get them to change their mind....after all it is their country making the mistake, not mine!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 06:52 PM

Believe me, if any other EU country were doing what I thought was a mistake, I have better things to do than waste time trying to get them to change their mind....after all it is their country making the mistake, not mine!
After you made this mistake, you now have better things to do? How about start doing them?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

12-07-2019, 06:22 AM

After you made this mistake, you now have better things to do? How about start doing them?
Don't try to distort my quotes Solasch.... you make it too obvious that you were so desperate to keep us in the EU.
Was it my question about being unable to move to the UK, once we leave, that upset you?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:49 AM

Hi

Yes I do recognise the negative effects of leaving, but I still voted Leave.

It is not all about money, it is about much more important principles.

It would be true to say that I do not share the optimism of some on this Forum about the financial outcomes of Brexit.

This is a reflection of the sheer incompetence of our Politicians

The Withdrawal Agreement is a nonsense, handled differently we could have left already with a simple WTO Trade Agreement with the EU and others already in place and not having to pay for a Transition Period.

The incompetence of our Politicians is not a valid reason to delay Leaving.

It is however a valid reason to get rid of the current bunch and the system which only gives us a choice between idiots like Boris and Corbyn.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-07-2019, 12:04 PM

Don't try to distort my quotes Solasch.... you make it too obvious that you were so desperate to keep us in the EU.
Was it my question about being unable to move to the UK, once we leave, that upset you?
Not me. It would my wife however. For her a reason to see how brexit evolves. However, the UK has long since recognized that they were wrong on immigration being a real problem. So no worries twink, we may yet meet.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

12-07-2019, 01:06 PM

Not me. It would my wife however. For her a reason to see how brexit evolves. However, the UK has long since recognized that they were wrong on immigration being a real problem. So no worries twink, we may yet meet.
I don't think the British have a problem with legal immigrants who can provide for themselves and get work. However illegal immigrants, who try to come and live here & be financially supported by the UK, are not very welcome! We have enough responsibility looking after British people in need, without looking after the rest of the world!

I don't know where you heard that the UK have decided that immigration is not a problem, but even if you are right, we will try to let our politicians know that isn't what the people think....just as we let them know that we wanted to leave the EU!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-07-2019, 02:19 PM

I don't think the British have a problem with legal immigrants who can provide for themselves and get work. However illegal immigrants, who try to come and live here & be financially supported by the UK, are not very welcome! We have enough responsibility looking after British people in need, without looking after the rest of the world!

I don't know where you heard that the UK have decided that immigration is not a problem, but even if you are right, we will try to let our politicians know that isn't what the people think....just as we let them know that we wanted to leave the EU!
We have a different approach to illegal immigrants. They are not supported and when caught, are returned, either to country of entering the EU or to their homecountry. They cannot use medical facilities, we are very strict on showing valid health insurance.
However, legal immigrants (refugees) cannot get a job the first year they are here. First they have to learn dutch. Their children must go to school (facilitating the learning of dutch of their parents).
After a year they can apply for housing and jobs. For housing they are prioritized, to the chagrin of young dutch who also try to find affordable housing. Due to their limited language skills most get low paid jobs.
Nevertheless, we have oyr share of illegal immigrants that live under the radar. Causing crime, causing problems with our females. Although troublesome, it helps for our citizens to accept the harsh approach of illegal immigrants.

Immigration of people coming to work here is not a problem, just like in the UK. There is an underlying question that no one has as yet answered satisfactory. We have a lot of unemployed, but have to import workforce from abroad. There should be a better fit?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 02:55 PM

Just a reminder, the UK asked for a delay in your exit. As far as the EU is concerned, you should have been out.
You are fooling precisely nobody with this ridiculous spiel Solasch but of course you won't cease this endless propaganda.

When you say "the UK asked for a delay" what you are actually referring to is the UK government which as we all know is a corrupt cesspit of fraudulent politicians and which is infested with EU serving cretins.

The real UK, which is the actual population of the UK, 66 million people, have NOT requested any delay.

The majority of that populace who voted in the referendum asked for us to Leave the EU. We aren't asking for any delay at all. We don't want any delay at all. We don't want Article 50 extended.

We want out, and we want out now. Today

We want out with NO DEAL because we can see quite plainly that the EU seeks to keep us in using the stooge politicians that they control in the UK government.

You take us for fools and I can assure you we are not.

The EU is utterly utterly desperate for the UK to stay and is doing everything in its power to prevent BrExit. Your presence on this very forum is testimony to this.

BrExit is an unmittigated embarrassment to the EU and it's powermad megalomaniacs. On the global stage its like a child running away from home because they are sick of being abused and controlled. The entire world looks on and sees how corrupt the EU has become and that it must be an incredibly serious problem if one of its biggest member states is now desperate to leave.

The EU knows that once the UK leaves and makes a success of it, that other member states will follow. Absolutely no question of it whatsoever.

So please don't try to con us with this lame rhetoric.

The UK, meaning the people of the UK don't want any delay.

We want out and we want out right now.

Only fraudulent corrupt politicians dangling on the puppet strings of their EU masters have kept the UK in the EU for 3 years beyond a democratic referendum to Leave and they continue to do so even today. Proof positive that we absolutely must get out.

NO DEAL all the way.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top