Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 08:06 PM

Re: Kepler-452b

I think the idea of finding a `Goldilocks` planet is very exciting. The distances involved in ever getting anywhere near one are just too far though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I cant see any other alien race allowing us to spread ,they probably see us as the parasites we are anyway.

The human race has not been too bad so far Aysa, we've been around for over six thousand years. I think any other comparable life forms would have progressed in much the same way that we have. But I can't ever see us visiting Kepler in the future, technology will eventually be our own downfall. We already have the means to set the human race back thousands of years.....And the idiots capable of using it..........Just a matter of time.

Why do we always assume that any extra terrestrial life would be more intelligent than we are? If they were, they would be here already...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The human race has not been too bad so far Aysa, we've been around for over six thousand years. I think any other comparable life forms would have progressed in much the same way that we have. But I can't ever see us visiting Kepler in the future, technology will eventually be our own downfall. We already have the means to set the human race back thousands of years.....And the idiots capable of using it..........Just a matter of time.

Why do we always assume that any extra terrestrial life would be more intelligent than we are? If they were, they would be here already...

2 questions come to mind regarding your last question OGF.

1. If they are more intelligent than us, they would not want to come here! Would you want to live somewhere where there are so many wars and fighting?

2. How do you know they are NOT here already?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 10:53 PM

we've been around for over six thousand years
I think you need to revise your alogirhythmes - too much running has left you only half with us!

ps: he who runs too much needs 02 tank on back??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 10:55 PM

Imagine it the other way round Doc. Does anyone think WE would let alien beings settle down here? We'd hunt them down and either kill them or shut them away in laboratories for experimenting on.
aren't the yanks doinn this now - er derm???
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 11:05 PM

'Allo, you still here, what time is it where you are? I can't remember the time difference over there.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-07-2015, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
'Allo, you still here, what time is it where you are? I can't remember the time difference over there.
NO Im in North Hants you silly bugger!
and get to bed it's 11.30pm the time the cracks start appearing!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2015, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
NO Im in North Hants you silly bugger!
and get to bed it's 11.30pm the time the cracks start appearing!!:shock:

You're right. Just found another one.
Night night.
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 07:39 AM

There is already a trip planned to go to Mars, planned for 2024/5,a one way trip,to establish a base on the planet. If i have put the link on here properly,makes interesting reading!

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...planet-in-2024
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
2 questions come to mind regarding your last question OGF.

1. If they are more intelligent than us, they would not want to come here! Would you want to live somewhere where there are so many wars and fighting?

2. How do you know they are NOT here already?
Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I think you need to revise your alogirhythmes - too much running has left you only half with us!

ps: he who runs too much needs 02 tank on back??
In answer to your first question Mups:- The news would have you believe that most of the world is at war or in poverty, this is not the case. over 99% of our planet is peaceful and beautiful, with just small numbers of people spread over a very large land mass. It's when we are in the highly populated areas that the trouble begins....

It is possible that they already exist on planet earth: Again, we assume they would be about the same size as us, but what if they are; say, as big as an ant....What if they are ants? Or do they exist outside of our visible light spectrum? This might explain Ghosts.

Gumbud, I Believe that the oldest human remains ever found were around six thousand years old, do you have information to the contrary?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top