Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 11:13 AM

Re: Kepler-452b

Though fossils of hominids have been found dating back millions of years, the earliest known Homo sapiens remains are considered to be a group of bones found at the Omo Kibish Formation, near the Ethiopian Kibish Mountains. Though believed to be 130,000 years old at their discovery in 1967, recent studies have dated them as far back as 195,000 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...man_settlement

as I said too little oxygen to the brain!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
In answer to your first question Mups:- The news would have you believe that most of the world is at war or in poverty, this is not the case. over 99% of our planet is peaceful and beautiful, with just small numbers of people spread over a very large land mass. It's when we are in the highly populated areas that the trouble begins....

It is possible that they already exist on planet earth: Again, we assume they would be about the same size as us, but what if they are; say, as big as an ant....What if they are ants? Or do they exist outside of our visible light spectrum? This might explain Ghosts.

Gumbud, I Believe that the oldest human remains ever found were around six thousand years old, do you have information to the contrary?

I hope you're right OGF about most of our beautiful planet is peaceful, it doesn't seem it when you hear the news.

I don't suppose we will find evidence of many Aliens in our present lifetime, but there will always be those that believe and those that don't I suppose.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This may also put pay to all the doubters who have never believed there is life elsewhere.
'Doubt' if any of us will live long enough to find out.

If intelligent life were found, I wonder what impact that would have on this world's religions.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
'Doubt' if any of us will live long enough to find out.

If intelligent life were found, I wonder what impact that would have on this world's religions.

Not sure what religion has to do with other life forms? Not unless scientists found the spirit world, then spiritualists would be able to say 'I told you so.'
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 01:05 PM

Just the strange way my mind works, Mups.

Hypothetical.
An intelligent life form - an established, civilized society - is found on this Kepler thingy.
It has an established religion - with as much evidence as we have for any of ours, but totally, totally different.

Would we be prepared to re-think ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2015, 06:05 PM

Hmmm. Some would be open to new ideas, and some wouldn't.
There would be arguments about who is right or wrong, and those that would demand proof or evidence. And those who might 'see the light' and wish to follow it.
In other words, exactly the same as it is now.
Pumicestone
Australia

27-07-2015, 02:06 AM

Hmmmm, not sure.
"What if" ... the religion of those 'aliens' included culling the weak or the aged,
slavery, incest, bestiality, live sacrifices of their species to the 'gods', maiming and torture of non-believers etc etc etc ...
would we simply sit back and respect their 'culture' ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2015, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Hmmmm, not sure.
"What if" ... the religion of those 'aliens' included culling the weak or the aged,
slavery, incest, bestiality, live sacrifices of their species to the 'gods', maiming and torture of non-believers etc etc etc ...
would we simply sit back and respect their 'culture' ?
No Pumicestone, The Americans would enlist our help to go there and bomb them! In the name of Democracy....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2015, 08:30 AM

No Pumicestone, The Americans would enlist our help to go there and bomb them! In the name of Democracy....
oh come on gentlemen [should I use the term even] one suffers from lack of oxygen which affects his reasoning and the other is a brainwashed Queenslander [bent banana] and they have never recovered from the brain washing of Joh Bjelke-Petersen a corrupt ozzie politcian!!
Pumicestone
Australia

28-07-2015, 12:50 AM

History would suggest that you are 100% correct Foxy.
Of course it would not really have anything to do with "democracy".
it would be to extend their political and economic domination of all known species.

(Clearly, we can ignore the nonsensical ramblings of Dumbud.)

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top