Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 03:50 PM

Emotion

Are folks nowadays just looking for an excuse to display emotion, the latest thing was on Britains got Talent, last Saturday, that fourteen year old girl.There is no denying she had a cracking voice, but that was the limit of it, she has a whole career and years in front of her, so I fail to see where the emotion the panel and the audience felt came in to it, I could have understood it had it been a 60/70 something, who had led a shy restricted life and was delivering their swan song, a last gasp so to speak, that seems easier to relate too.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 03:54 PM

Re: Emotion

The geezers who put the words to Nimrod nearly bought a tear to the eye though, but, that's Elgar for you.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 04:11 PM

Yes her voice was stunning and she will go far I'm sure , but as for the emotion from the judges ,not sure about that ,they do love the camera and not a bit of mascara running from their eyes ,or even a red nose . They cry very prettily I think .

The show is all about them , and as for Simon Cowell , the £ signs can be seen in his eyes , never mind tears . Oh dear I'm getting cynical in my late age .

I think it's bad when silly people making silly noises or fools of themself's are put through or even given the golden ball , when others with talent are sent off

Entertainment I guess .

I'll stop now !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 04:25 PM

I thought the little girl was 'ok' but I wouldn't have been jumping up and down.

As to 'emotions' they are certainly more readily on display these days
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 04:37 PM

I also thought her voice was only ok. I just didn't like last week's show, it seemed all too contrived so l switched it off.

Yes, people do seem to cry at the drop of a hat these days!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 05:00 PM

I thought she sang beautifully ,and it brought a tear to my eyes when she sang ..Well done Jasmine
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 05:54 PM

BGT? The whole things is a set up and scripted to the max.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The geezers who put the words to Nimrod nearly bought a tear to the eye though, but, that's Elgar for you.
If Elgar had wanted words to 'Nimrod' he would have written them. You might just as well add tweety bird effects to Vaugn Willams 'Lark Ascending,' or atmospheric sea noises to Debussey's 'La Mer.'
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
.... or atmospheric sea noises to Debussey's 'La Mer.'
Graculus, it's been done.
I was in the record industry for over 20 years and I recall such a disc.
Just not the bloody detail - grrrrr.

I can hear it now. All tracks with some sea connection and breaking waves and such all the way through - even between tracks.
It was a minor novelty with stereo hi-fi buffs in the early seventies.
I'm 80% sure it was on Philips (label).
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-05-2016, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
If Elgar had wanted words to 'Nimrod' he would have written them. You might just as well add tweety bird effects to Vaugn Willams 'Lark Ascending,' or atmospheric sea noises to Debussey's 'La Mer.'
Beautiful music, of what ever genre, can stand a bit of tampering. Imo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top