Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Kiddies Fashion

Toddlers and young children are so fortunate today to have a lovely choice of fashionable attractive clothes.

I think there was just one rail for children when I was young, and based on one-size-fits-all

I can remember my little brother (about 5 years old) in cold weather wearing a thick coat buttoned up tight under his chin (so he could not even nod), and a balaclava stuck on top of his head too. He hated it.

I don't know what I looked like, as never seemed to have the opportunity of looking in a mirror, as we were dressed (parents choice of clothes) and sent out to play. Didn't bother any of us, because it was the same for us all.

Rainbow
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 05:07 PM

Re: Kiddies Fashion

I am not very happy about some of the clothes available for very young girls these days, far too 'sexy' for kids of tender years. If mothers are foolish enough to dress their kids in clothes like that they are offering them up as bait to perverts, imo.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 09:06 AM

I loved my mini skirts!! That was in the 60's though! Some of the youngsters now wear clothes that are a bit too short and leave nothing to the imagination!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
I loved my mini skirts!! That was in the 60's though! Some of the youngsters now wear clothes that are a bit too short and leave nothing to the imagination!
I was never permitted anything too mini as a teenager, but even in those far off days I preferred to wear jeans and trousers as I dressed to please myself not to attract blokes! I didn't need to anyway having caught my man at the age of 15! Fortunately he has been content with the way I am, or if he isn't, he hasn't said so!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 04:25 PM

Nor was I allowed to wear a mini skirt till about 18 years old, so I used to roll the top over and over when out of my Dad's sight.
I got married in hotpants!
Dancingsky
None

19-10-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Nor was I allowed to wear a mini skirt till about 18 years old, so I used to roll the top over and over when out of my Dad's sight.
I got married in hotpants!
I used to roll the top over of my school skirt, which came down to the knee, to a more fashionable length.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 04:31 PM

When I had to wear long white socks to school, I was teased because the boys said it meant you were a virgin (I should hope so too at that age). So I folded them down to short ones to stop the mickey-taking. Anyone else here heard of that?
Dancingsky
None

19-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
When I had to wear long white socks to school, I was teased because the boys said it meant you were a virgin (I should hope so too at that age). So I folded them down to short ones to stop the mickey-taking. Anyone else here heard of that?
Not heard of that one. We were required to wear stockings or tights from the age of 12 at my school.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top