Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 02:05 PM

Re: Ever Been To A Demolition Derby?

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
It's usually called Banger Racing in the UK. Wanton destruction of potential future classic cars.

For example Triumph 2000 and Rover P5 "prepared" for racing

Hi Ray...I do not have a picture of my Chevy before the derby began as I wasn't there...but the driver sent me the photo of it's demise...
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Very interesting thread Filly
I can remember hearing "demolition derby" over the years, but I don't think I ever really knew what they were.......
I think when my brothers were younger, they would have partaked in that sort of thing.

My last car is now on the race track.....My neice will drive it there until "it is no more"....wish I would have thought it over and maybe kept that little car. It served me well.........

I think I remembe your little car, was it a tan colour? If not, then I don't remember it. My little Honda was white with a black pin stripe along the sides.

Hi Blue...glad you liked it. The only one that I was ever at was at the Grandstand at the CNE...back in the 50's. My mum took me...and that derby was called "Hell Drivers."

Gosh my car was a 2004 and had had a rebuilt engine put in it about 6 years ago...but there was finally too much wrong with it to even consider getting it fixed, even if Rich had done all the work himself. It served me well too...my only complaint through the years was that it wasn't yellow.

My brother was into this sort of thing...he and his friends were always up to doing something a tad different...

Blue...my car was a deep shade of blue.
Beautiful Filly

29-10-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I feel the same Mups, my little car would be bullied, I couldn't stand that!
I used to go to saloon car races and formula 2 stock car racing in S.Africa ,only once to formula 1 stock cars (extremely noisy), that was scary enough without cars being demolished.

Hi TessA...as you can see in my photo, my little car did get quite bullied...

The noise is what stands out for me from the one derby that I went to...all those years ago.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 02:33 PM

I have been to a few, years ago with my Late Dad & Brother, both very into cars. Yes, the noise is what I remember most, no one got hurt, the cars cockpits were strengthened & padded to avoid most injuries. Having also gone to a few F1 races & been in the pit area, that was much noisier.
Beautiful Filly

29-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have been to a few, years ago with my Late Dad & Brother, both very into cars. Yes, the noise is what I remember most, no one got hurt, the cars cockpits were strengthened & padded to avoid most injuries. Having also gone to a few F1 races & been in the pit area, that was much noisier.
Hi Tiffany...when you mentioned your dad and brother...I recall my dad asking mum that evening at dinner, why she had taken me to that attraction. We didn't plan on going...the Hell Drivers weren't booked for the afternoon, but rather the evening.

It was supposed to be one of the famous cowboy/movie stars...but they had to cancel their appearance...so we went anyway...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 04:49 PM

The experience obviously stuck in your memory.
Beautiful Filly

29-10-2018, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The experience obviously stuck in your memory.

It sure did Tiffany...but don't ask me, what I had for breakfast today...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

29-10-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
It sure did Tiffany...but don't ask me, what I had for breakfast today...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top