Join for free
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:11 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Truths do exist. It's facts that don't-actually cannot exist.
I'll explain [before the overwhelming incoming cascade of abuse arrives]

A truth is established,is verified,is relevant and is valued as exactly that-a truth.

A 'fact' is a scientific term given to any scenario that cannot be contested at the time.
However-as science progresses and knowledge/understanding expands,facts can very easily be either disproved or shown to be 'factual' in theory only.
Whereas a truth is an established entity,rooted deeply into a solidity that neither time nor investigation,be that investigation scientific in mode or moralistic in base,can change.
For instance:-it's a truth that there are more stars in this galaxy alone,than there are molecules in a pint of water. Not a fact-a truth.
BUT:-it's a fact that Mount Everest is the highest mountain on this planet.
However,this 'fact',so well-known to all,is actually incorrect...ie;an inaccuracy. Mount Chimborazo,in Ecuador-a mountain few have ever even heard of,actually holds that title. Y'see,Mount Everest is the highest peak above sea level. Ahhh...but yes,it's a truth. NOT a fact-a truth.
Not a fact why? you ask....well,the answer is,Chimborano is the highest peak above the centre of the Earth. NOT above sea level...but above the centre of the planet it's on. A simple fact,is that Everest is the highest peak above sea-level.....so far. But-give this planet a few millennium of tectonic shifting/climate changing-and that ''is'',can and mostly likely will, become ''used to be''. See?

It's a well known fact that over 75% of all statistics are made up.Where does truth come into it?

As Judy Collins views it #

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:21 AM

I think I've found our original plot - we are the Ferals - now we just need to allocate roles - the ferals of OFF - sounds good!

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
It's a well known fact that over 75% of all statistics are made up.Where does truth come into it?

As Judy Collins views it #

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all
I'm with you RJ on this one - you are after all the elder statesman and not some jumped up woodie who teaches kiddies at kindergarten all about the universe and calls that's university education - rubbish!

perhaps we should call you Prof RJ? there's no one else around that fits the bill heh?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 01:43 PM

WELL!!!!! Are you lot saying we are the wild ones? Is that a documented fact?

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 03:53 PM

Very good post by Pugsy.
I'm not that clever. X
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 07:11 PM

I've been wild today, just got back from the last Large Model Airshow at Much Marcle, in beautiful Herefordshire, I just love a Walk on the Wild Side.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-09-2018, 07:13 PM

well spits can you post some more wild on here - it's slipping into the quick sand!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-09-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I've been wild today, just got back from the last Large Model Airshow at Much Marcle, in beautiful Herefordshire, I just love a Walk on the Wild Side.
Any pics Spitty???

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well spits can you post some more wild on here - it's slipping into the quick sand!
Wild today Yay everything wild.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 07:26 PM

I started to video, but, because we were in the disabled section with the FIL, which was quite far from the flight line, and, the direction the sun was shining from, it was to difficult to see the screen.

It's a pity, there was a well impressive Airbus 330, and a very large Fokker, decked out in Dastardly and Muttley livery.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I started to video, but, because we were in the disabled section with the FIL, which was quite far from the flight line, and, the direction the sun was shining from, it was to difficult to see the screen.

It's a pity, there was a well impressive Airbus 330, and a very large Fokker, decked out in Dastardly and Muttley livery.
Have you looked on Youtube??? There are usually some posted by others.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top