Join for free
Page 19 of 1676 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 519 1019 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 07:21 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Juno,I was having this very same convo with my buddy [coz I've got a buddy...although he calls himself a 'carer'-still,that's just semantics] and I was saying that as a youngster,I had a collection of sheath-knives,penknives,catapults,air pistols,etc...and it never OCCURRED to us,ANY of us,to use a sheath-knife or a penknife as a weapon in a punch-up. [and growing up in a series of children's homes,punch-ups were frequent],but forgotten totally within a few hours when something interesting captured our imaginations...like jumping off cliffs into the sea,building bikes from parts,making bonfires,making stilts,shoving Click in the river...ohh,everything.
Today's kids seem to have myopia by the age of ten,huge thumbs,NO friends they've actually met-and have no idea regarding constellations or actually reading an actual map,actually....that fkn Google Earth thing does NOT count as having 'orienteering skills',m'kay?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 10:02 PM

I shudder to think what will happen to future generations when all this technology ceases to function, something on a small scale occurred in Canada I think some years back, everything electrical just stopped for a few hours, folks were like headless chickens, it would be a good idea to hang on to some of the old manual map reading and sense of direction skills methinks, not to mention a few candles and an old billycan for the tea.

Watched another program on BBC4 tonight, I'm always slagging them off but I'm a sucker for this type of thing, this one was called “Aliens” you know the kind of program, is there anyone out there, if so please show yourself. A collection of over educated heads being asked if they think we are alone, as if they were any wiser than the ordinary man in the street, your guess and mine are just as good as theirs. One bloke made me laugh when it sunk into me what he actually said “Who knows, alien bacteria could be right under our noses” Ever find any alien bacteria under your nose?, no I won’t go there, might offend someone.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I shudder to think what will happen to future generations when all this technology ceases to function, something on a small scale occurred in Canada I think some years back, everything electrical just stopped for a few hours, folks were like headless chickens, it would be a good idea to hang on to some of the old manual map reading and sense of direction skills methinks, not to mention a few candles and an old billycan for the tea.

Watched another program on BBC4 tonight, I'm always slagging them off but I'm a sucker for this type of thing, this one was called “Aliens” you know the kind of program, is there anyone out there, if so please show yourself. A collection of over educated heads being asked if they think we are alone, as if they were any wiser than the ordinary man in the street, your guess and mine are just as good as theirs. One bloke made me laugh when it sunk into me what he actually said “Who knows, alien bacteria could be right under our noses” Ever find any alien bacteria under your nose?, no I won’t go there, might offend someone.
Name and Shame Jem, we need to know the 0.1% of bacteria that THICK Domestos won't deal with.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 01:04 AM

Oh,spitfire,SHAME on you! You've never heard of the Point-Nought-One 'Anti-Dom' germ?
It's known in the trade as 'Wellard' and swigs Domestos like it was made of Yaegerbombs!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 09:49 PM

There were tough decisions to be made in the days of the "Back to Back", should we go down that Entry or Dysentery?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2016, 09:51 AM

It does make one wonder what happens to the 1% that get away, they must be delighted with themselves, like winning the Lotto. Maybe when they grow a few extra cells they will form themselves into an army of super survivors then that’ll be the end of us all, no amount of Jayes Fluid would see that lot off, time to get back to the lab and figure out a way to get the full monty on the lot of them.
I remember reading about this tiny creature who lives in human eyelashes, one wouldn’t want to delve too much into the strange alien inhabitants of the they human body, one could end up going nuts altogether, best to convince ourselves we are all made of sugar and spice and all things nice, you’ll sleep much better that way.

The One That Got Away.

As I looked down into the bowl to see if it was clean
It was immaculate, spotless with a lovely sheen
Suddenly a voice called to me from way below the rim
A tiny muscle man was shouting, making an awful din
“Ah ha you missed me, have yeh nothin’ stronger?”
“Wait til I get me blowtorch and you won’t be around much longer"

You can’t beat the old fashioned ways, a good blow lamp and a sound hammer will just about kill off anything.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-04-2016, 10:06 PM

In the Forum, the mighty Forum
The Spion sleeps tonight
In the Forum, the mighty Forum
The Spion Sleeps tonight
A Wum away, a Wum away
A Wum away, a Wum away
The Spion sleeps tonight………………………….
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-04-2016, 05:10 PM

Nice composure there Spitty.
Methinks the days of the WUM are numbered, it's a very exhausting practice and required absolute dedication, sometimes the over enthusiastic wum in an effort to reply stingingly and rapidly will shoot himself/herself in the foot by mixing the names up and end up slagging the person who was egging him/her on, I've seen it happen on this very forum, yes my friend you need to be on your toes all the time to be a good wum, they are dying out fast.

Is a female WUM addressed as a WUMAN?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

25-04-2016, 12:43 PM

Dunno wot's going on...suddenly,for last several days,I'm getting nothing/zero/nada/buggerall/zilch/nieta AND no notifications as well,too,also.
I haven't changed the email addy or password...have I been banned or summink? I'm only able to ask yous fellas [and fellarettes,natch] as I've sneaked in via burning a virgin & chanting rotational algorithmic equations. [well,I say 'virgin'-actually,it's a teddy bear-but it's not had sex for,ooh,weeks]
The usual method [i.e;click email addy and open relevant site] is coming up empty each time for several days now....is it summink I said? I'm just suddenly receiving a LOT of nothingness.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Dunno wot's going on...suddenly,for last several days,I'm getting nothing/zero/nada/buggerall/zilch/nieta AND no notifications as well,too,also.
I haven't changed the email addy or password...have I been banned or summink? I'm only able to ask yous fellas [and fellarettes,natch] as I've sneaked in via burning a virgin & chanting rotational algorithmic equations. [well,I say 'virgin'-actually,it's a teddy bear-but it's not had sex for,ooh,weeks]
The usual method [i.e;click email addy and open relevant site] is coming up empty each time for several days now....is it summink I said? I'm just suddenly receiving a LOT of nothingness.
Hello Pug please read Admin's latest update on thread subscriptions which has been posted in Announcements...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=34268

I hope this will help

Page 19 of 1676 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 519 1019 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top