Join for free
Page 188 of 276 « First < 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 10:28 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Thanks, Sweetie, yours and others' contributions' to this thread have been a life line for me at times during this thread.

If they could only find out what was causing the infection, they could treat it. My Consultant psychiatrist whom I saw a week ago suggested it could be Hodgkings-Lymphoma related, ie. my first cancer. I hope this is true if it makes diagnosing any easier. She mentioned I might have to have a biopsy again.

I've tried not to let this get me down but it's been impossible in the past few weeks. I do listen to a podcast last thing at night and this will generally put me to sleep, although how long for depends on a lot of things.

One other thing; if you ever have to have a suppository then they're awful things, truly nasty but necessary at times.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 10:41 PM

I know it's very difficult for you Ffosse but now you are home, try to stay positive. It may be worth you ordering a home delivery for tomorrow, but make sure they will be able to deliver tomorrow. Many of the supermarkets will be open again on Boxing Day, just check their opening hours if need be.

Keep warm, put extra clothes on if necessary, the cold can make you feel miserable.

Just concentrate on getting through Christmas then things will be back to normal for a while.

Look after yourself, we are thinking of you.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 10:54 PM

Thanks, having to go to the hospital on Thursday, too will curb any festive joys; I just really want to get through the next few days but on average I've been going in every 2 days which seems shocking but they can notice things like my 4 hour blood transfusion today.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 11:54 PM

Dreamy I truly hope things settle for you.
Do try to enjoy Christmas, I will be popping in to support you. X
Eat whatever takes your fancy.
Try not to push yourself if you go out tomorrow. I know you want to go out, it makes one feel alive. I truly hope these temperature spikes cease, I get hot flushes at night, but they are nothing like what you have been going through.
I just came to say Goodnight to you.
You are in my prayers as always. X
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 11:54 PM

Thinking of you through this Chrismas season. May God watch over you and keep His loving arms around you.....

Praying for you (ALWAYS), my friend...

Get well, and come to Canada for a visit...

Blue x

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 04:54 AM

Ffosse, the best thing you can do for yourself is not to overdo. I am with Sweetie Pie that if you can get a delivery tomorrow, that will give you a chance to get comfortable and stabilize. It takes a couple of days to start feeling the benefits of the transfusions, but I imagine that you'll feel a lot less run down.

Treat yourself as you can and podcast away!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Thanks, ladies. I slept very well, 10 to 9 with no nightmares; if only everyday could be that. It's turned very cold here ahead of some expected warmth tomorrow.

The chemist delivery man has just been with my meds; I think this is a stellar job.Can you believe it was my first job (by bicycle) , delivering medicine to whomever in quite a posh area. Would they give that job to a 13 year year-old nowadays? I don't think so. Mr Farquhar Whitting would be on the phone demanding who had stolen his morphine.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 12:10 PM

Oh Dreamy what good news.
Have a wonderful Christmas Eve. X
Love the little story. X
Let us pray that you are over the worst. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-12-2018, 01:12 PM

I seem to get 'over the worst' quite quickly but soon everything turns bad again. I think today will tell - if I can get to 8pm feeling alright then I'll have done well.

I like waking up late, so then I know I've had a good night's sleep. Waking at 4, 5 am is always problematic
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I seem to get 'over the worst' quite quickly but soon everything turns bad again. I think today will tell - if I can get to 8pm feeling alright then I'll have done well.
You are sounding more positive Ffosse, keep telling yourself you're going to beat this. What have you decided to do regarding your shopping?

Sending you best wishes for Christmas...

Page 188 of 276 « First < 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top