Join for free
Page 238 of 276 « First < 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 01:12 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, a prompt start. It will be 4pm before I've finished, though. During the taxi ride, I saw parts of Edinburgh I hadn't seen in years. All the shops have changed and building work has transformed the city landscape.
That was nice for you.

I've not had bacon for so long and I really miss it.

In general, the hospital food is very good but the portions are a little small. The staff will supply biscuits and toast and cheese at night, though so I have never gone to bed hungry. A trolley comes round with tea, coffee and biscuits quite regularly.

I've been in for 25 of the last 30 days now, with 5 days at home in between so I'm kind of feeling institutionalised. I didn't realise that travelling by taxi between hospitals on consecutive days and the not knowing of it all would impact on my anxiety levels quite so much though.

I feel anxious a lot of the time - despite the diazepam. Also, I worry about living alone again. Whether I'll cope with the bath and other things. It's always when I'm alone that the delirium has started. And I worry about becoming delirious without knowing it, like in the past.
Sorry Dreamy, I am just catching up here.
You will need a care package when you return home, also an alarm button thing that Joe told you about.
Take care and keep us updated, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 03:50 PM

That's the harvesting finished. They may have collected enough stem cells so I won't have to come back tomorrow but I won't find out until I’m back later tonight. Then they can remove the main line on my neck. I'm shattered; it's been a long day and it won't be over until I'm back in my hospital room.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 04:16 PM

That's the harvesting finished. They may have collected enough stem cells so I won't have to come back tomorrow but I won't find out until I’m back later tonight. Then they can remove the main line on my neck. I'm shattered; it's been a long day and it won't be over until I'm back in my hospital room.
I hope they are satisfied that they have enough stem cells Ffosse, then you can relax when you get back to your room and hopefully have a good sleep.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 05:42 PM

Yes, fingers crossed. I don't want to go back to that hospital again tomorrow.

Edit: great news, they harvested enough stem cells, more than enough so the line has now been taken out of my jugular vein and I don't have to go back to the other hospital tomorrow.

The transplant will be a few weeks away. They're going to review me tomorrow and I may get back home for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 07:55 PM

I've not had bacon for so long and I really miss it.

In general, the hospital food is very good but the portions are a little small. The staff will supply biscuits and toast and cheese at night, though so I have never gone to bed hungry. A trolley comes round with tea, coffee and biscuits quite regularly.

I've been in for 25 of the last 30 days now, with 5 days at home in between so I'm kind of feeling institutionalised. I didn't realise that travelling by taxi between hospitals on consecutive days and the not knowing of it all would impact on my anxiety levels quite so much though.

I feel anxious a lot of the time - despite the diazepam. Also, I worry about living alone again. Whether I'll cope with the bath and other things. It's always when I'm alone that the delerium has started. And I worry about becoming delirious without knowing it, like in the past.
No way I could do without my bacon Foss.
Don't they offer it on the breakfast or lunch menu?

Last time I was in hospital for a bit, the main thing I remembered was the naff food.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 11:47 PM

Yes, fingers crossed. I don't want to go back to that hospital again tomorrow.

Edit: great news, they harvested enough stem cells, more than enough so the line has now been taken out of my jugular vein and I don't have to go back to the other hospital tomorrow.

The transplant will be a few weeks away. They're going to review me tomorrow and I may get back home for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon.
Excellent news Dreamy. X
I hope you do get home tomorrow.
Sweet dreams. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-03-2019, 12:08 PM

I'm at home now...just for a few hours while I take some washing back and check my post. I've also remembered to collect my headphones as music was one of the things I was missing in hospital and it's not the same listening to a phone's speakers.

I feel good, although I've found out that I've got another CAT scan next Tuesday. The appointments never seem to stop but it's a lot easier attending them when I'm in hospital.

I've also changed watches as I don't want my dear one to be in hospital with me, not that I think anyone would steal it, I've been fortunate so far, but a cheaper watch is more practical than constantly wearing a 4k watch. The only expensive thing in hospital with me is my iPad which I need.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-03-2019, 01:06 PM

Glad you are home for a break Dreamy.
Don't overdo things whilst you are there.
I agree about the watch.
At least you can listen to music when you return.
Keep us posted. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-03-2019, 05:42 PM

I'm to go home tomorrow. Pleased but mixed feelings about there not being a care package in place yet. The psychiatric team are arranging community support ie. I would see a CPN but at their office and they may make occasional home visits.

I've to come back for a CT scan on Tuesday and dependent on the results I might need further treatment but medically I'm well, or at least well enough to go home. I've got mixed feelings but don't really want to be in hospital anymore either.

It's the delirium I fear the most.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-03-2019, 05:47 PM

I'm to go home tomorrow. Pleased but mixed feelings about there not being a care package in place yet. The psychiatric team are arranging community support ie. I would see a CPN but at their office and they may make occasional home visits.

I've to come back for a CT scan on Tuesday and dependent on the results I might need further treatment but medically I'm well, or at least well enough to go home. I've got mixed feelings but don't really want to be in hospital anymore either.

It's the delirium I fear the most.
I personally worry about that too.
Why no care package for you.
Sorry Dreamy, it makes me cross.
You need support to settle.
Is there no social worker at the hospital to ask about this?
I am going to Google for you, as I have no idea about Scotland.
I will see what I can find for you. X

Page 238 of 276 « First < 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top