Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 12:51 PM

Re: “A son is a son 'til he gets a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all her life. ”

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Art that's an interesting observation she did everything for them
But look at it this way...they allowed her to do everything for them!
So do you think she'd inadvertently made them both lazy?
ruthio, I wouldn’t say they were lazy, they were both very easy going men just wanting a quiet life, their dad was the same! My ex husband was then and still is the most popular man l have ever known.
She always reminded me of Ada Larkin (Peggy Mount) very bossy and shouted a lot but she was a very kind, old fashioned woman and taught me so much, cooking wise... Yorkshire Pudding, Preserves, pickles, wine making and much more.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 12:59 PM

Re: “A son is a son 'til he gets a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all her life. ”

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ruthio, I wouldn’t say they were lazy, they were both very easy going men just wanting a quiet life, their dad was the same! My ex husband was then and still is the most popular man l have ever known.
She always reminded me of Ada Larkin (Peggy Mount) very bossy and shouted a lot but she was a very kind, old fashioned woman and taught me so much, cooking wise... Yorkshire Pudding, Preserves, pickles, wine making and much more.
I can just imagine a Peggy Mount kind of woman!!
She no doubt hid her dominance by coating it in kindness!!
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 02:50 PM

dont know about daughters '' but I dont feel I have lost my boys now their all married ?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top