Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Re: Energy Company Profits

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Took the quote below off a Gov web site, the money must be spent on green issues and not into the profits of the energy companies.
Now the Gov has taken over the 8% that the companies charged in green taxes the point is mute
The Government, energy suppliers and local authorities all provide grants to help you implement energy saving measures. The best place to start is the Government's Energy Saving Trust (EST). It has an advice and information helpline on 0300 123 1234 (more info for Scotland and Northern Ireland).
I note that you stated "Love the way you lefties twist things" on a previous post then followed it with the above.
Have you really looked at everything you've quoted Sue to find out just how near-impossible it is to actually get any tangible help on energy costs?

I have looked everywhere that I've been directed to by Government websites and I've come to the conclusion that it's all smoke and mirrors as per usual, and I'm not what I would seriously call a "lefty".

You have to be well below the poverty level to be even in the running for any financial assistance and of course it's government department that decide on that level with their own methods of means testing.

I'm sorry but your posts indicate that you personally have no problems with energy prices but a lot of people out there do.

I've just had my November Energy Statement and it was £96+.
Considering that here it's been rather mild of late, that worries me more than a little and I've no doubt that even on this forum I'm not alone. stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Took the quote below off a Gov web site, the money must be spent on green issues and not into the profits of the energy companies.

Now the Gov has taken over the 8% that the companies charged in green taxes the point is mute

The Government, energy suppliers and local authorities all provide grants to help you implement energy saving measures. The best place to start is the Government's Energy Saving Trust (EST). It has an advice and information helpline on 0300 123 1234 (more info for Scotland and Northern Ireland).
I don't think it is a moot point when one considers the large energy companies have already taken this money from consumers but failed to pass it on.

I am well aware of the Energy Saving Trust and found them to be pretty useless when it comes to helping me save on energy use.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I note that you stated "Love the way you lefties twist things" on a previous post then followed it with the above.
Have you really looked at everything you've quoted Sue to find out just how near-impossible it is to actually get any tangible help on energy costs?

I have looked everywhere that I've been directed to by Government websites and I've come to the conclusion that it's all smoke and mirrors as per usual, and I'm not what I would seriously call a "lefty".

You have to be well below the poverty level to be even in the running for any financial assistance and of course it's government department that decide on that level with their own methods of means testing.

I'm sorry but your posts indicate that you personally have no problems with energy prices but a lot of people out there do.

I've just had my November Energy Statement and it was £96+.
Considering that here it's been rather mild of late, that worries me more than a little and I've no doubt that even on this forum I'm not alone. stevmk2
Don't understand your reply to my post.

Was not talking about cost never mentioned cost.

Was talking about the 8% tax we in the past paid on are fuel bills which the Gov has scrapped.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think it is a moot point when one considers the large energy companies have already taken this money from consumers but failed to pass it on.

I am well aware of the Energy Saving Trust and found them to be pretty useless when it comes to helping me save on energy use.
Good point, that maybe one of the reasons why the Gov has stopped them charging 8% in green taxes on are bills.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 08:07 PM

Good point, that maybe one of the reasons why the Gov has stopped them charging 8% in green taxes on are bills.
...I think it probably is but it is too late, the money is already collected .

I would have liked help with insulating my house. I have already done the loft myself , the walls are unsuitable for cavity wall insulation and I don't have a gas boiler to update. There must be thousands like me who can not take advantage of any insulation schemes and most of them will have contribute to the fund in their energy bills.
I was one of them until I switched to a small company which doesn't collect this money from me.

I would like solar panels too but don't have the money to buy them .
sue_arnold
UK

13-12-2013, 08:25 PM

...I think it probably is but it is too late, the money is already collected .

I would have liked help with insulating my house. I have already done the loft myself , the walls are unsuitable for cavity wall insulation and I don't have a gas boiler to update. There must be thousands like me who can not take advantage of any insulation schemes and most of them will have contribute to the fund in their energy bills.
I was one of them until I switched to a small company which doesn't collect this money from me.

I would like solar panels too but don't have the money to buy them .
If your boiler is not the condensing type and if your on any benefit you can have a new boiler installed free and maintained free.

I have over 12 inches of loft lagging in my loft and double glazing but also have solid walls which is a heat loss.

WE have done all we can to SAVE energy but where still paying the green tax on are bills imposed by the last Gov
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

13-12-2013, 08:32 PM

If your boiler is not the condensing type and if your on any benefit you can have a new boiler installed free and maintained free.
I don't have a boiler, there is no gas here in the countryside. I have very expensive electric warm air heating which I only have on for a few hours each day on the coldest days.

I could give the Energy saving Trust lessons in saving energy
sue_arnold
UK

13-12-2013, 08:48 PM

I don't have a boiler, there is no gas here in the countryside. I have very expensive electric warm air heating which I only have on for a few hours each day on the coldest days.

I could give the Energy saving Trust lessons in saving energy
O dear then as the old saying goes "your b******s"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top