Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:13 PM

Who would you rescue?

If you were in a life threatening situation together with a child and your favourite pet, and could only rescue one or the other, which would it be?

To me it would be obvious, the child every time, but I suspect some might be tempted to rescue the pet, especially if the child wasn't related to them.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:21 PM

Re: Who would you rescue?

What a very weird question!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
What a very weird question!!
Why is that?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:31 PM

I understand why this thread was written.
Clearly a human being has a higher ranking than a pet. Even those of us who weren’t blessed with children, have the ability to have love and compassion for other children. Some people just connect better with animals than people but it doesn’t make their hearts any smaller nor do I think they should be made to feel less than.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:35 PM

Goód response, Bratti.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I understand why this thread was written.
Clearly a human being has a higher ranking than a pet. Even those of us who weren’t blessed with children, have the ability to have love and compassion for other children. Some people just connect better with animals than people but it doesn’t make their hearts any smaller nor do I think they should be made to feel less than.
Surely it would be unforgivable to rescue the pet rather than a child, and deserve a life time of vilification.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:37 PM

Child. Can't say why but it'd be instinct.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Surely it would be unforgivable to rescue the pet rather than a child, and deserve a life time of vilification.
I can’t answer that one Tarantula as I don’t waste my energy on hating anyone. It serves no purpose except to define the person as a hater and I REFUSE to hate.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I can’t answer that one Tarantula as I don’t waste my energy on hating anyone. It serves no purpose except to define the person as a hater and I REFUSE to hate.
Surely a person who allowed a child to die and the pet live, in that scenario, is detestable?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Surely a person who allowed a child to die and the pet live, in that scenario, is detestable?
I doubt anyone would allow a child to die to save the life of a pet. I would save the child and try my hardest to save the pet too.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top