Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 12:38 AM

Re: School Friends

never kept in touch with school friends and most will have passed away by now I guess. Maybe because I went to a school about 8/10 miles away may account for it. oh and I had to cycle as well on a what would be a heavy bike now.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 06:52 AM

I occasionally bump into people I was good friends with at school but they don't show any inclination to want to keep in touch on a regular basis so I don't bother either.
I suppose if we'd wanted to, we wouldn't have gone our separate ways when we left school.

My oldest friend I met when I left school at 15. We kept in touch all the while our kids were growing up and shared outings/holidays with them. We are still in touch...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
never kept in touch with school friends and most will have passed away by now I guess. Maybe because I went to a school about 8/10 miles away may account for it. oh and I had to cycle as well on a what would be a heavy bike now.

Never admit to that, on here.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 07:31 AM

I have maintained contact with 4 school friends, since we left school in the late 60's.
One is currently dealing with terminal cancer and she speaks to me every week.... she says I am the only person that understands how she feels.
She says she wants to live life, without thinking about when she may die, and it is now 5 years since she was diagnosed, so her attitude seems to be working.
I said to her " Hey, I could be run over by a bus tomorrow, so don't assume that you will beat me in leaving this world!" I can only joke with her like this because we have known each other so long......I don't think I could relate to more recent friends in such a relaxed fashion.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 08:14 AM

I am still in touch with my friend from my secondary school, she was a bridesmaid at my wedding. Sadly she had a serious illness, I haven't seen her in five years but phone her on a regular basis.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 08:27 AM

I still know girls from school but life has taken us in different directions so I wouldn't say we are close friends.

The thing is though with people you have known for such a long time there is a bond that's different they know the real you from way back right from playing hopscotch together
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I still know girls from school but life has taken us in different directions so I wouldn't say we are close friends.

The thing is though with people you have known for such a long time there is a bond that's different they know the real you from way back right from playing hopscotch together
Hopscotch, what is that? At secondary school we didn't play games in the play ground, that was purely reserved for our first schools.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 08:46 AM

Yes, a few, but not as much contact as that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 08:47 AM

Having moved over 100 miles from my school to go to work aged 15 I didn't keep in contact with any of my school friends.

My sister who still lives in the Derbyshire village and a mile from the school we attended sees my old school friends, their names don't mean much to me now and I have no desire to revisit that time in my life.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 09:08 AM

I've got a friend I went to juniors and seniors school with. He lives less than a mile away but we don't see too much of each other. Both our birthdays are in early November. Even though we don't see each other frequently, the tradition is to meet up on a date near our birthdays at an Indian restaurant. There's one within walking distance of where we both live. We and our wives have a good old catch up on what's happening in life.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top