Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:58 PM

Re: Can Men And Women Just Be Good Friends?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They sound more like acquaintances rather than friends.
They are, we have only a few close friends. My husband has no problem with me being alone chatting to his best friend an unmarried guy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
They are, we have only a few close friends. My husband has no problem with me being alone chatting to his best friend an unmarried guy.
I think it is only the jealous, controlling types that would have a problem with it.

I would hate to be with someone like that, it would be scary!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think it is only the jealous, controlling types that would have a problem with it.

I would hate to be with someone like that, it would be scary!!
If my husband was like that I would have divorced him years ago. I would never cheat on him, and visa versa.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 05:25 PM

My husband of 48 years is certainly not jealous controlling type by any means .
It just suits us not to have friends [and go out to lunch with] with the opposite sex.
If we want to go lunch we go "A deux" ,as we did Maunday Thursday and a very nice "fusion lunch" it was too.
We are perfectly happy to be honest , we are never at a loss for conversation.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
It just suits us not to have friends [and go out to lunch with] with the opposite sex.
If we want to go lunch we go "A deux" ,as we did Maunday Thursday and a very nice "fusion lunch" it was too.
That is a lovely heartwarming post
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 05:54 PM

Aw, thanks Sweetie , you always say the sweetest things. I mean that x
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 05:57 PM

Very difficult to be friends with one half of a couple without being friends with both. And understandably, a partner doesn't always approve of a man having single female friends. Men often disapprove of wives having single friends too so many friendships go missing over the years.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Apricot, l wasn’t referring to your relationship or anyone else’s on here, in my post. I was actually thinking of my sister, whose husband is a bit like that!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 06:27 PM

I could be good friends with a man but only if he were gay.

I could not be just good friends with a heterosexual man I know I couldn't.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
That sounds as if you don't trust him?
My first serious relationship I had before I met my husband hurt me deeply by cheating on me with another woman has left its mark and made me quite a jealous person I'm afraid to say. Its not a quality about myself that I like I will say.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top