Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:28 AM

Re: What is the most money you have wasted on something?

My last house....spent $$$$$ and fixed it up to be our forever home....nasty neighbors moved in and forced us out.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 05:46 AM

I'm fairly sensible with money but have to admit I love clothes and I will confess to a number of outfits bought and never worn, they are hung in my wardrobe still with the labels on. Terrible really!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:33 AM

We have always been sensible with our money, never spending it unwisely and saving as much as we could. This has ensured we are reasonably comfortable in our dotage. We prefer to help our children out, and donate to charity than spend it on ourselves.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:54 AM

I guess that would have to be on the cigarettes I smoked and the scotch, now I have money to spare so treated myself to new bedding.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
I guess that would have to be on the cigarettes I smoked and the scotch, now I have money to spare so treated myself to new bedding.
Lol

I was just about to reply the same Moyra, the amount of money Ive wasted on cigarettes in my lifetime is shocking

If I hadn't smoked and had invested the money, Id be looking at a very affulent retirement
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Originally Posted by Missy ->
Lol

I was just about to reply the same Moyra, the amount of money Ive wasted on cigarettes in my lifetime is shocking

If I hadn't smoked and had invested the money, Id be looking at a very affulent retirement
It's true, we could all have denied ourselves our pleasures over our lifetime and be better off now but how boring would that be? Personally I have always lived for today because I might not be around tomorrow.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 10:28 AM

wasted my whole life on useless poetry but no regrets. being a addict is not easy.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 10:51 AM

Burglar alarm.

Couldn't tell the difference between a burglar and a mouse.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 01:39 PM

When the children were younger we used to holiday a lot in Cornwall.
One year when we went in August it rained the whole time.
The children and I had a great time despite the weather
We went surfing in the sea..swimming in the pool... played pitch n putt and went on fairground rides and other fun stuff..later... eating hot grub in a cosy pub or boogying in the discos..
My only regret was that I'd paid good money for my (then) husband to come too. He did nothing but sulk and moan all holiday.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 01:46 PM

£3,000 on a leather settee & 2 chairs.

After only 18 months the leather on the settee started to peel - small at first and then it spread to massive holes as big as saucers. Of course we had the retailers out to it (Furniture Village) they sent an assessor who said there was nothing wrong with the leather and it wasn't Furniture Villages responsibility. They implied we hadn't looked after it properly - but we had. It was in a good position - away from the radiator & only Tony used it.

I approached Trading Standards and other organisations but none could help us!!

We still have it now & put a throw there to hide the holes.
Waste of money but no fault of our own!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top