Join for free
Page 61 of 1010 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 561 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:59 AM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

I do Meg darlin' - I do - you should see my waist-line - it proves it beyond doubt. The word 'diet' doesn't appear in my lexicon, and salads (ergh, yuk!!! - rabbit food) I will NOT eat, rather have the rabbit itself - can make a decent rabbit stew out out of it.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I do Meg darlin' - I do - you should see my waist-line - it proves it beyond doubt. The word 'diet' doesn't appear in my lexicon, and salads (ergh, yuk!!! - rabbit food) I will NOT eat, rather have the rabbit itself - can make a decent rabbit stew out out of it.
we are cutting down...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 01:17 PM

I have!!! - no more sweeties in the evening and don't eat pudding most days now.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:37 PM

Oh boy, am I the only one valiantly trying to put weight on?

I'm with Uncle Joe though. I will eat salads, but only very occasionally.

For example, for tonight's tea I had fish and chips, made at home, and I love to make my own pies. However, I've never had a sweet tooth, and (shock horror) am I the only woman in the world who doesn't like chocolate?

No, I am being serious now. With the sudden death of my partner three years ago this month, I lost a stone through shock, leaving me at just 6½ stone, but in the last three years I've gained a stone and a bit, so I'm getting there, and my doctor is pleased with me.

So, tomorrow I think I'll cook up some onions, leeks, tomatoes and bacon, and have a couple of little Jersey Royals with it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:49 PM

Mollie, you're not alone: when I was in hospital I dropped from about 110 to 98 pounds; am back up to 104; will get weighed Friday at next doctor followup appointment. Am indulging in fattening foods, but weight is slow to come back ......
Littleboo
Littleboo is female  Littleboo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 01:01 AM

I need fattening up, I am not so tall and weigh just 7st 8lbs, so anyone avoiding cakes then I can make use of them.
Littleboo
Littleboo is female  Littleboo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 01:16 AM

Such a shock you had there Mollie, hard to come through such a terribly sad loss, so hope that you are able to get out and about more and gain some more weight.

I lost a lot of weight dandysmom when I was taken ill, it's amazing isn't it how fast weight can drop off when ill, yet for many who want to lose weight it can take an age. So hope you are feeling better now.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Littleboo ->
Such a shock you had there Mollie, hard to come through such a terribly sad loss, so hope that you are able to get out and about more and gain some more weight.

I lost a lot of weight dandysmom when I was taken ill, it's amazing isn't it how fast weight can drop off when ill, yet for many who want to lose weight it can take an age. So hope you are feeling better now.
Thanks,Littleboo! I was in for colonectomy: cancer in the bowel, but it was stage 1, not metastasizing and they got it all; I'm feeling fine. I do tire a bit more easily but have just finished moving into a retirement community which was pretty tiring, all the packing, etc. But am basically just fine.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Oh boy, am I the only one valiantly trying to put weight on?

I'm with Uncle Joe though. I will eat salads, but only very occasionally.

For example, for tonight's tea I had fish and chips, made at home, and I love to make my own pies. However, I've never had a sweet tooth, and (shock horror) am I the only woman in the world who doesn't like chocolate?

No, I am being serious now. With the sudden death of my partner three years ago this month, I lost a stone through shock, leaving me at just 6½ stone, but in the last three years I've gained a stone and a bit, so I'm getting there, and my doctor is pleased with me.

So, tomorrow I think I'll cook up some onions, leeks, tomatoes and bacon, and have a couple of little Jersey Royals with it.
Mollie darlin, ok so you don't eat cakes, sweets and chocolate - but what about puddings??? - Try this:

In a bowl: Crumble 8 slices of bread, add: 2 large eggs,, 2 tsps baking powder, 1/2 Pt orange juice, 4 oz dried mixed fruit, 3 oz Muscavado sugar, Cinnamon, Mixed spice, all spice and nutmeg. Beat together until a soft gooey mess. Tip into a shallow oven-proof dish and cook for approx 1 hour at 180 oC. When cooked through, remove from heat, allow to cool for approx 20 minutes, dust with caster sugar. Cut into slices and serve warm in dish with hot custard. Absolutely delicious and GUARANTEED to put on weight!!!!
Littleboo

14-07-2011, 07:59 AM

That's good for you to have had it all taken away Dandysmom, such a worry for sure that would have been. I have had to have bowel surgery too, not for cancer, but a painful time it was.
Hope you're all settled into your new home now and enjoying being there.

My dad is going to be moving into one soon and is so looking forward to it, although I asked if he would like to come and live with me, but he said his snoring would keep me awake he is active though and likes his independence.

Yummy, your recipe sounds good there Uncle Joe, I will be trying that for sure.

Page 61 of 1010 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 561 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top