Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 06:42 PM

Can you pass the psychopath test ??

I'm scared as hell to take it !!!

http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/am...ve-life-320072
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 12:01 AM

Re: Can you pass the psychopath test ??

This is quite odd because I don't really believe that one's decision to kill either five people or just one contributes to the fact of whether or not they are psychopathic. I don't get why one decision would make you a psychopath and another decision would not. I understand the 'science' behind what this man is trying to convey, but really... who gets to make that decision?

I realize it's not just the amount of people you kill, but the personal decision you make of how many people should die that's the key here. But man, really, I ask anyone who watches this video... COULD you make that decision?

As crazy (no pun intended) as this may sound, I think I'd just walk away from both situations. I don't think I have it in me to decide who lives or dies. So my rationale would be to walk away and let things happen as they were meant to happen thinking that a possible strange turn of events at the very last moment may prevent anyone from dying.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't want either outcome on my head. I may have just killed 5 death row inmates who have taken the lives of others but by flipping the switch and saving the 5, I may have just killed a woman pregnant with her 3rd child whose other children are at home waiting for her.

I wonder what the doc would say to that, if by walking away I'm psychopathic or not? Because I honestly believe that I could NOT make that decision. And I certainly couldn't deliberately push someone over the edge of a cliff, no matter what the situation. It's not up to me who lives or dies.

So I'd ask the doc - by making the decision to do nothing, what category does that put me in? Would be interesting to find out.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by MADAMENOTMISS ->
I'm scared as hell to take it !!!

http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/am...ve-life-320072
I'm not going there!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 07:43 PM

Psychopaths rock. The film industry would die a death without them. What about all the bad guys in books - on the TV? Nah, the more the merrier.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 07:46 PM

Don't bother with it - load of rubbish. Asking questions that make no sense.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Don't bother with it - load of rubbish. Asking questions that make no sense.
Yeah, the questions definitely confused me, hence my reply above.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 08:02 PM

I have an old friend from Art school days who's a psychopath.
Don't see him very often but apparently he is appalling now.
He was always pretty reckless when we were in our teens/early 20s but good fun and very witty.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 08:33 PM

..Off topic posts removed, please discuss the topic not members,
Thank you
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 08:44 PM

Psychopaths aren't necessarily serial killers and evil people. They can be extremely charming and ambitiously like many businessmen and women and leaders of countries. They can be tremendously successful in their chosen careers, popular and charismatic too, but they lack empathy due to the way their brains are wired.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 08:57 PM

Load of tripe.. I'd say to the fat guy, "Watch this, there's going to be one hell of a crash!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top