Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 12:23 PM

Re: Why I dont bother with my GP

Our surgery is in a mess at the moment, most of the doctors have left and they rely on temps. We do, however, have an excellent walk in surgery at the hospital (nurses rather than doctors). OH went just after Christmas and was very satisfied with the service there.

Perhaps would be an idea to try the walk in if you have one Cass. They asked OH if it was OK to let his doctor know he'd been.
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 12:24 PM

Google is your friend! I've had to take print-outs from info I've found on google to my GP before now & got tests off the back of those (he couldn't deny I might have found the problem from that info). The dry throat could just be a bug, so it might go away.. The pain sounds like it needs a physio to give you some idea of what's going on. Don't necessarily need an xray, MRI or Ultrasound might be more appropriate, depends on what they think might be the issue.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 12:45 PM

Cass, make the appointment today, if you don't need it you can always cancel. I have a very good doctor and I know she would think nothing of investigating further, if necessary and yours should do the same.
May only be muscle strain and the feeling in your throat may well go away, as the doctor said but you still need to know - all seems a bit up in the air, really.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 01:08 PM

Oh dear Cass I do feel for you. The throat problem reminds me very much of someone I used to know. She went to the doctor with a feeling that something was stuck In her throat. He said there was nothing there and gave her cough medicine. After many visits and increasing discomfort it was found that she had a small fish bone stuck in her throat... Maybe a scan on your throat is called for?
I wish you luck with all your problems - Make another appointment - with the head doctor if possible and be firm.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 02:30 PM

Cass it's rotten when you feel you can't depend on your doctor. Sorry to hear that.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 07:13 PM

I have a great lady Doctor for the past year or so, she's very understanding and gives you a full examination every time I go to her, which thankfully is not very often.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I'll give it a week and if nothing is better make an appointment to see one of the other doctors and then gather my strength to bully them!
Why wait?...make an appointment tomorrow.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Why wait?...make an appointment tomorrow.
Ive have too many other commitments this week..

Tuesday is the first day I will be able to get there..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 11:41 PM

I have spent a lifetime trying to find a GP who will tell me what I want to hear.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have spent a lifetime trying to find a GP who will tell me what I want to hear.
Me too Spitty I want one who will say I am under tall and not just fat

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top