Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 10:29 AM

Re: Had to go to the hospital today (update @post 27)

How are you feeling today RS?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 10:35 AM

Goodness Bazza that must have been scary for you, I hope you are feeling better now
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 11:11 AM

Thanks everyone for your concern.

yes it was frightening and even scared A&E reception. Sue my OH thought I was putting it on initially till she understood how bad it was

Today I have no energy at all and last night kept waking every hour for a drink my mouth was so dry

got to book to see my Dr later on with paperwork from the hospital
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 11:16 AM

Sounds like you need to take it easy for a while RS.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 12:08 PM

Yes Alice i intend to. Oh I also rang the hospital eye clinic to see when my appointment is due.
The bad news is there is a 24 to 26 week wait ,the good news is I already have been waiting since beginning Nov last year
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I think you did right in going to A&E but do you mind me asking a bad what spasm?
I suffer from Muscle Spasms quite a lot so I'm guessing that that's what is meant?

I get them mainly around the chest area so that's why I'm saying this.

They are often quite painful as you "lock-up" completely and the only relief is to stretch the muscles in a rather bizare way to relieve the tension.

I started getting Muscle Spasms after I stopped Weight Training because of injury - muscles have a tendency to respond greatly to regular exercise but to suddenly stop often has odd effects.

A friend of mine is 74 but he has to go weight training or he seizes-up!

I thought he was winding me up when he told me years ago but I found the same thing.

What happens is any one of your upper-body muscles, or muscle groups can suddenly flex as if under tension from exercising but seem to hold on to the blood rush to that / those muscles and it then becomes very painful - a bit like cramp in your foot or hand, which I also get - lucky me!

I was once rushed off to hospital with a suspected heart attack because nobody would listen to what i was trying to tell them - ask a Doctor - it's not common but it is bloody painful.

Hope you are better mate. stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:40 PM

wish you well RS.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:46 PM

RS you always seem to be doing too much work. This is probably a wee warning to calm things down a bit, even for a wee while. Your health comes first.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

13-02-2015, 06:48 PM

Steve this would not go away whatever I did Seems when i got to the hospital reception I was as grey as a ghost,

I still feel a bit weak and spening most of the day asleep. Not interested in eating at the moment either.

Still let us look on the bright side

A pharmacist walked into his shop to find a man leaning against the wall.
"What's wrong with him?", he asked his assistant.
"He came in for cough syrup, but I couldn't find any so I gave him an entire box of laxatives."
"You idiot" said the chemist, "You can't treat a cough with laxatives."
"Of course you can" the assistant replied, "Look at him......he don't dare cough now!!"
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-02-2015, 09:24 AM

I didn't sleep too good last night but that is understandable as I spent most of the day asleep anyway. I think another reason was I was scared I would have another attack but didn't thank goodness

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top