Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 11:03 PM

Re: Drink More Coffee to Avoid Heart Attacks

Do you actually know the difference between tea and coffee?

Answer
There is no F in tea.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 03:35 PM

...but there´s plenty of F in coffee...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 09:54 PM

Studies suggest.......but

quote....
Further research is warranted to confirm our findings and establish the biological basis of coffee’s potential preventive effects on coronary artery disease...unquote.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 09:33 PM

I love my coffee, but it hasn't stopped me having 4 heart attacks!!

That said, the copious cigarettes and bottles of whisky probably didn't help.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 10:32 PM

When i was younger i hated even the smell of coffee, and where I used to live there was a shop selling coffee beans which you could have blended and ground to taste. For me to walk past it made me feel sick.

A few years later I was at the dentist and had to have a tooth extracted, in those days the dentist used gas with a mask over the face.

Brings back memories??

When I came around from being knocked out with this gas I was offered a cup of coffee, taste buds were affected inhaling gas . Since that time i have not exactly go of tea but the kettle now usually goes on to make a cup of coffee instead.

Strange what makes one go from hateing a product to drinking it most of the time in preference
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 11:34 AM

The media has a lot to answer for, and some companies have developed some very sophisticated methods to increase the popularity of their products. Television adverts brainwash many people into buying their products, especially if you recognize the packaging or name while perusing the supermarket shelves. You are bombarded with these adverts from morning to night, you whistle, hum and sing their jingles.

With the help of the internet, and most peoples thirst for knowledge [especially concerning health] we soak it up like a sponge. I suggest, that the release of the results of this latest study has done the Coffee industry no harm at all, quite the contrary. If I had enough money to invest in shares on the stockmarket, Coffee companies would have been a good place to insert my wedge......before the release of the study though....Timing is everything in that game...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top