Join for free
PhD Researcher
New Member!
Cork, Ireland
PhD Researcher is male 

10-03-2015, 04:44 PM

Healthy MindStyle Survey :-)

Hello all.

This forum is incredible! My name is James, I am doing a PhD in Applied Psychology in University College Cork and came across this forum yesterday while searching for potential participants.

My mum has promised she will set up a profile on this website and start engaging in the community, it really does seem to be a vibrant and friendly atmosphere. For someone whose main forum use is Reddit, this forum is an eye-opener. There is no trolling!!! No nasty remarks! It is great.

I am not sure of the etiquette on the site regarding surveys?
For my PhD I am looking at the association between our lifestyles and our views on ageing. Specifically this survey is aimed at people aged between 50 and 75, as the focus is on cognitive activity before and after retirement from formal occupation (because we never truly stop working it seems from my parents and grandparents!) The survey is completely anonymous, and will be used solely as a means of data analysis for a scientific study. This is a link to the study:

[Link removed: see post below]
I apologize if this post is not appreciated by the community, I am finding it hard to access this particular age group and this forum seems to be quite welcoming.

James
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 04:53 PM

Re: Healthy MindStyle Survey :-)

Are you old enough to join a forum for the over 50's James?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 04:58 PM

Hello James

Please note links to surveys or questionnaires are no longer allowed. Instead please post all questions into a thread (along with possible options if there are any) then anyone wishing to fill in the questionnaire can do so in the thread easily and quickly, eg, 1A, 2C, 3A, 4B etc

This way everyone can see the questions posted but also get a chance to see the 'results'.
Additionally, email harvesting can not take place.

Thank you.
PhD Researcher
New Member!
Cork, Ireland
PhD Researcher is male 

10-03-2015, 05:56 PM

Ok, apologies, I did not realize as such. I had no idea what e-mail harvesting is, but after typing it into google I can assure you that has nothing to do with my post! I just have found it really hard to access this age-group for my research and got a little over-excited when I found such a large and interactive forum.

Posting all the questions online found be fine, but some of the answers are rather personal, and as such are normally answered anonymously in order that the person's answers are not influenced by evaluation apprehension. So this would not really be an ethical form of scientific research to get people to answer the questions in a forum.

Apologies for the waste of time, this really does seem to be a great forum!

Take care,

James
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 06:00 PM

I have a PhD in psychology.

So good luck and remember to get a PhD you really do have to bull shit 80% of the time-that 20% of original thought counts though
PhD Researcher
New Member!
Cork, Ireland
PhD Researcher is male 

10-03-2015, 06:06 PM

Haha

Oddly I've been told that quite frequently since I began, even my supervisor said as much! Bluffing is a skill that seems to be imperative to success in a PhD.

Thank you for the well wishes, they are much appreciated.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top