Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2015, 11:54 PM

Re: Natural Anti-Perspirants

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Arthur, I am going to write to the company and query that ingredient. I am really surprised because they are normally so against this type of thing.
I will let you know what they say.
Good on yer Mups. It seems any form of Alum or Aluminium is a bad thing. Rogue companies try to either disguise the Alum ingredient or spin tales of their form of Alum not being bad, oft saying that the molecules are too big to be absorbed by the skin etc. Plenty of sites out there are debunking such stories. Aluminium is to be avoided.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 12:02 AM

I will e.mail them tonight Arthur. They are such nice people to deal with and I've been happy with their stuff for years, so I imagine they will appreciate being made aware of this. Anyway, I am going to give them a chance to explain.

By the way, why didn't you query it with them? It would have been interesting.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
By the way, why didn't you query it with them? It would have been interesting.
I've never used their products but just seeing a form of Alum on the ingredient list rang bells
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 12:52 AM

Just sent the email off Arthur, so we'll see what happens now.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 07:15 AM

A tip on the natural side of things... Sweaty smelly feet, my daughter used to suffer terribly and tried all sorts of things but the one that worked is to pour a little white vineger into a bowl of water and paddle in that for a couple of minutes..

She no longer gets nasty sweaty feet.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
A tip on the natural side of things... Sweaty smelly feet, my daughter used to suffer terribly and tried all sorts of things but the one that worked is to pour a little white vineger into a bowl of water and paddle in that for a couple of minutes..

She no longer gets nasty sweaty feet.
I never have baths only showers and when I shower each day I put the plug in the bath and a bit of bicarb or Tee Tree in bath and that soaks my feet while I shower
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 10:06 AM

Just a word of warning about the crystals, I used one for about two years it seemed to work brilliantly then I had a particularly sweaty couple of days - hot weather plus hard work and under my arms became sore. Week or so later I was at the doctors getting creams and tablets and washes for a very nasty skin infection. Took 3 weeks to clear and was very uncomfortable indeed.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 09:43 PM

I wouldn't use antiperspirants because they interfere with an essential function of the body (perspiration)

Our bodies need to perspire...the way to avoid getting body odour is to keep areas of your body that are prone to sweating clean and free of bacteria.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 09:51 PM

Sometimes easier said than done though, working manual jobs in hot offices etc long hours, it's not always possible to arrive home after a day like that smelling sweet and fresh and it's times like that antiperspirants and deodorants are made for.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-03-2015, 11:08 PM

I haven't got the reply from 'Handmade Naturals' regarding the crystal deodorant yet, probably Monday now before I hear from them. I would also like to say again, that this particular deodorant is NOT one of their own make.
In the meantime, the 'Sanex' roll-on one I also had in my bathroom cupboard, says on front of the bottle:
0% Aluminium Chlorohydrate
0% Alcohol
0% Parabens
But it DOES also say 'Natural Mineral Alum' ??????

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top