Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 08:44 PM

School Friends

3 of my close friends are friends who all went through infant, junior and secondary school together and we meet up on a regular basis. I have just booked us all on a weekend away for the four of us in June and really can't wait. We have been friends for almost 53 years.

Do you still keep in contact with any of your old school pals?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 08:52 PM

Re: School Friends

Unfortunately all mine are scattered - we keep in touch by email but do not meet. I do still regularly meet up with a friend I have known since I was 2yrs old.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:16 PM

I lived in the next street to my oldest friend for over ten years and then her family moved away. However we kept in touch and the first time I saw her after the move was at her wedding. Many years and several moves later, we now live around 50 miles from each other and meet up several times each year. We’ve been friends for 65+ years!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:26 PM

No, not school friends. I met a girl I worked with when I was 18, hit it off right away and have been best friends ever since. I don't see so much of her these days because of spending so much time up north, but when I'm home we are together most days.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:16 PM

Yes, I do.
Not many left, no idea where they have gone.
But Lion Queen, I think you are rather special and I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:19 PM

Some School Friends, set out certain challenges, they have since fallen by the wayside.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:26 PM

I don't stay in touch with any school friends although I have seen a few on facebook. It's funny to think those who were the best looking are now bald with beer bellies (and that's just the women).

Good on ya Lion Queen though for staying in touch for so long.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:28 PM

I am still good friends with my three best friends from school. We've known each other since we were eleven/twelve. We meet up two to three times a year as we now live in different parts of England. But it's always like we just spoke yesterday. I spent most of my youth with two of them. Boys, parties, relationships, children etc. I'm so grateful that I have them in my life.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:24 PM

No, not school friends but I am still friends with a work colleague. We met when I was seventeen and she sixteen. She looked so lost when she came to work at my work place.
I sort of took her under my wing and we have been best friends ever since.

I occasionally bump into two old school pals but we weren't particularly friends.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:55 PM

I lost touch with my school friends after leaving school, except for a couple of them. One I haven't seen for about 10 years now as I believe he is doing very well living in Saudi or somewhere for a shipping company.
Unfortunately my best childhood friend was killed two years ago in a motorcycle accident.
My current friends I have known for over thirty years and we see each other regularly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top